585,708 active members*
4,024 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > MAZAK VQC 20/40B spindle drive unit (FR-SX) replacement

MAZAK VQC 20/40B spindle drive unit (FR-SX) replacement

Hi,

I have MAZAK VQC 20/40B with Mazatrol M-2. I have problem with its spindle drive unit (FR-SX). Is there any way to repleace any another driver. Some guys here says there is no way because this driver has orientation point on it to change tools from magazine. So I am confused. Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help.

Spindle orientation is from a signal sent by the spindle PLG or external encoder, spindle drive unit has nothing to do with this signal, so you can replace the drive if it is defective.

Cheers.

But FR-SX drive has orientation point button on it

Any suggestion for new driver

Here's what the manual says on FR-SX spindle drive unit orientation:
    Name of function: SPINDLE ORIENT (Optional function)
    Application: Indexing of spindle: Magnetic sensor type single-point indexing and encoder type multi-point indexing are possible. With orientation start signals (ORCM1, ORCM2), start command signal, complexion signal and orientation completion signal are output.
    Output: Contacts open
    So as I told you, the orientation signal point comes from either the sensor or the encoder and your spindle's orientation positioning should remain the same, assuming you keep are all your parameters the same.

Manual available on meau.com

Cheers.

Botha.y thanks for your help.

Do you have any idea for new driver. Which brand and which type?

Also here, we have a problem. This motor is 170 Volt three phase, so need max. voltage 230 Volt driver. But in Turkey system is 380 Volt Three phase. Driver companies sells 380 volt driver. very hard to find 230 V ones. Then I thought it is about to amperage because we can change the voltage drivers parameters but we cannot change the drivers amper capacity. Is it possible to choose 15 Kw 380 V driver which is amper capacity similar to 5,5 Kw 230 V dirver.

You should simply order another FR-SX drive if that is what is defective in your machine.
    Note that if you take another spindle drive, while ideally you should take one with same output voltage as your FR-SX, there are some drives (like Mentor drives I think, although those are with DC output) that can be configured so that the -+10V can be specified to have a specific voltage, you'll have to really check, if you send 380V to your 200V motor you'll probably burn something.

Cheers.

Hi i have vqc 20 40 with cam m2 control because of battery down all params gone.and i dont have param list would you pls send me params by taking photo or list.thanks in advance