586,005 active members*
5,147 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with turbo cad

ok, I got myself turbo cad 9 really cheap, with the manual. But omg, its alot harder then I thought it would be. Is it just me? I am missing something?? Is there a turbo cad for dummies book out there? Is there some place or something like a book I can purchase that gives the basics for the symbols and what to do in the program. I tried making a retangle, and once done I go and click on a circle sysmbol to make/add my circle in the drawing..I loose the retangle. HELP!! :drowning:

Try the imsi/turbocad website. They have download tutorials for some of the versions and downloadable manuals too.

Not available for all versions, but most of the basic commands and functions remain the same from early versions.

I agree it's confusing... especially for me as I'd never used anything but autocad prior to making the switch. TC works quite differently than AC, but it's faster and more functional for my purposes, outside of plain 2D use.

btw, when you draw that square, if you use the tab key and type in any values you have to hit the enter key before moving on or it will null the square. I find it easier to just draw any old rectangle with mouse clicks then select it and edit the size and location values.

Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by mocnc View Post
    ok, I got myself turbo cad 9 really cheap, with the manual. But omg, its alot harder then I thought it would be. Is it just me? I am missing something?? Is there a turbo cad for dummies book out there? Is there some place or something like a book I can purchase that gives the basics for the symbols and what to do in the program. I tried making a retangle, and once done I go and click on a circle sysmbol to make/add my circle in the drawing..I loose the retangle. HELP!! :drowning:
    Get ready for a roller coaster ride ha ha http://smgdesign.net/index.php