585,597 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Need to upgrade control to Ethernet/Hard Drive/USB Haas Part #93-5751B

Need to upgrade control to Ethernet/Hard Drive/USB Haas Part #93-5751B

Hello All,

Need a little input here. I'm purchasing Haas part # 93-5751B which Haas Service told me is the correct part for my machine. Question to you all is: Is this a plug and play card or do I have to upgrade software? And if so, is the software stored on the hard drive or? Anyone changed one of these themselves? I can get the card new for a decent price. Haas wants 5 times the amount just for part. Please help if you've done anything like this before. I am very technical, so I should be able to do this. Just need a little info before I start.

Thanks much!!

Tony

If Haas is just sending you the part telling you it is the correct part...then chances are it is. They have your serial number to match the part to which has all the info for your machine...so my guess is it would be plug and play or they would tell you you need a tech to install it.
    Tim

I'm not getting the part from Haas, but I did get the part number I needed from them. I found a surplus supply of them, new in box. Much cheaper. I did talk to Haas service and they said it 'should not' need a software update, and that it should just work when installed. But still wanted other peoples feedback on anything they have tried or gone through. Thanks again!

Anyone done this type of upgrade themselves?

Are you adding ethernet and hard drive to a non ethernet/hard drive machine?
    Tim

Tony W

Don't waste your money, unless it is very cheap, they are surplus for a reason, just get the extra ram upgrade, the hard-drive set up is another complete computer, it is not just a board that you plug in,you will need a Haas service tec to do the install
    Mactec54

Ok. Thanks for the input guys. Reason I need the card is for the Ethernet and Haas told me it would require that board even if I only wanted the Ethernet. So the hard drive and usb is just extra goodies for us.

Thanks again!

TonyW

As I said they are not just a card, it is a complete computer,Good luck with the install

You could of just used the RS232 if you just need to transfer programs
    Mactec54