Hi Tom

Tried to get you a screen shot of the jump in the encoder signal. Not sure why but could not capture it. will give it a try again tomorrow. After spending more time looking at the noise in the system, I think that is were the problem may be. I have attached some screen shots and would like to know what you think. You can see that once the snapamps are enabled there is a lot of noise. I have place some caps. on the index pulse and the 5v line going to the encoders and they have helped but I dont think it is enough.You can see that the noise on the encoder signal is very high. I attached piictures with the snapamps on and off so you could see the differance. I pushed the axis with the snapamps off, to get the encoder signlas. One other thing I find strange is I found a picture of the encoder used. http://www.teknic.com/images/hotspot...-0189cr-WG.jpg. If you look at the encoder you can see that the commutation signals are triggered from the encoder disk when the motor sencers are used, and that would mean that the index pulse is always at the same location relative to the senser commutation signals. For this reason I would assume that all the commutation offset values would have to be the same or at least two out of the three motors should be the same depending on the rotation of the motor. In my case the the commution offset values are Ch0 418, Ch1 1001 and Ch2 100. Does that make sence to you?

Thanks

George