584,857 active members*
4,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HELP Advice on Koike plasma retrofit

I have a Fab Master 240 Koike Aronson plasma/oxy machine that I need to retrofit.
    Machine info
    Hybrid D 11 ,2 axis with torch height control VINTAGE 1996
    I need to retrofit my control.
    1. I have talked with a local repair company and the suggested the edgeTI from I got a ball park price of 29k for retrofit.

2. I have talked to Chichoinc.com They say they can rebuild my old control for 3K

3. I have looked at Mach motion it looks to be around 10k

3. Centroid appears to be in the same ball park as Mach

4. I called promotion yesterday no response yet.

Here is my concern/ issues. This machine is in a mid size fab shop with 2 operators and myself. The machine my run solid 12hrs a day for a week and then my not run for a day Or 2. I need a control with no glitches or hiccups. I need rreliability ease of use and easy to post to. I need good customer support as well.
    Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated I need to make a decision and get a retro within a couple weeks I have a large contract that I was just awarded.

The EdgeTi is an industrial high duty cyycle CNC control as used by many of the cnc machine builders today. It is manufactured by Hypertherm to the highest standards....and is designed to be the easiest to learn, easiest to use industrial cnc plasma control in the industry. The upgrade sounds pricey, however the Koike machine that you have would be priced in xcess of $100k if purchased today. I would suggest keeping that machine in the best possible condition....the other choices are definitely not on the same level!

The problem with rebuilding the old D11 is that many parts are obsolete....and you will still have the old control. The Mach type upgrade is good for low cost entry level machines....but would not be close to the same level as the EdgeTi. I have never heard of centroid, so I cannot comment.

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by jhuddleston View Post
    I have a Fab Master 240 Koike Aronson plasma/oxy machine that I need to retrofit.
    Machine info
    Hybrid D 11 ,2 axis with torch height control VINTAGE 1996
    I need to retrofit my control.
    1. I have talked with a local repair company and the suggested the edgeTI from I got a ball park price of 29k for retrofit.

2. I have talked to Chichoinc.com They say they can rebuild my old control for 3K

3. I have looked at Mach motion it looks to be around 10k

3. Centroid appears to be in the same ball park as Mach

4. I called promotion yesterday no response yet.

Here is my concern/ issues. This machine is in a mid size fab shop with 2 operators and myself. The machine my run solid 12hrs a day for a week and then my not run for a day Or 2. I need a control with no glitches or hiccups. I need rreliability ease of use and easy to post to. I need good customer support as well.
    Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated I need to make a decision and get a retro within a couple weeks I have a large contract that I was just awarded.