585,737 active members*
4,668 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 3 config?? HELP

I had an older version of mach 3 running good but w/o using the IO board from Rutex. This is the older 900 series stuff.

This weekend decided to upgrade to newest release (new screens, etc.) and install IO board.

Now nothing works.

Looked over the pin config mostly. At first I got no movement/change in XY #'s. Now I get that, but no movement.

Drives are on. Opened older version and it worked, went back to new nothing now both don't work.

Anybody have a good config file they can email me [email protected]

Or any tips. Machine was working great before this, and only change is the IO board and mach version. Same wiring, computer, etc.

TY1295,

What do you mean by I/O board?

Do you mean the R2030 brushless servo drive?

Are you using the new tuning software? I have lots of questions, but the first one is which I/O board are you referring to?

Are you talking about the Sanyo Denki motors?

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

This board http://www.rutex.com/home/r990io.htm

I have the motherboard for it also, along with currently X and Y axis boards installed.

TY1295,

Sounds like you changed a lot of stuff at the same time...software and hardware. If you can't make the servos move, I'd consider the software issues. Can you disconnect the drive/mother board cable and check to see if Mach is generating step pulses?

Without the R990i/o board you had to generate your own 24vdc. I assume you are now running that through the R990i/o board?

Other than the source of the 24 vdc, this change should not affect servo motion.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)