584,800 active members*
4,423 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > probably stupid nood Tormach/MACH question

probably stupid nood Tormach/MACH question

so, I have gotten quite used too, and quite happen to like the stock Tormach MACH screen...
    I also have a Probotix Fireball v90 that I use for wood parts/soft stuff/stuff I don't want getting on or near my PCNC/etc that also runs MACH, but I am not so thrilled with the stock MACH, MACH screens...

is there a simple way to steal the stock Tormach MACH screens from the Tormach, and use those on the Fireball?

along those same lines, I really like the Tormach jog pendant, is there anyway to use that on the fireball?

The screen sets are saved as .set files in the root folder for Mach. The Tormach uses PCNC3 as the root folder. should be C:\Pcnc3 and on the other Machine probably C:\Mach3
    A 770's screen would be PCNC770M3.set ( or1100) copy that file over to the other machine and drop it in the root folder with the other .set files. I believe under the "View" menu in Mach there is something like "Load Screens" Click that and browse to the file you just added. From then on it will load that screen by default. Repeat the procedure to change it back.

However I am sure that there are some custom Macros associated with some of the Tormach screen buttons so some things may not work.
    I would test very carefully before running a job.

There is also a folder called Mach3 Screen and inside a program of the same name. It is a Screen designer tool that you can edit or create new .set files. There is a lot of info about it on the artsoft website.

I am pretty sure the jog pendant will work just fine. Again, test first.

Scott
    www.sdmfabricating.com

Yes, and yes, they both can work easily.

I also use my tormach screen and shuttle on my Techno Isel cnc router running under Mach. Works great.

I use the M998 toolchange macro, too, and that saves a great amount of time.

Transfer and installation is just as Scott described.

cool, I thought it would be something simple...
    thanx

well, ran into a couple slight issues...
    • The big red reset button in the lower left is MIA... where did it go? clicking in that area still works though... but still having the nice big red button show up would be nice...
    • spindle control button doesn't turn on/off the spindle...
    • and the jog speed adjust on my cheap crappy ebay pendent doesn't work anymore... (don't really care about this as I plan on using a tormach jog pendent...)

other than that it works fine...

You need to transfer the bitmaps folder associated with the Tormach screen as well.
    Lee

But hey thanx for posting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christpatillo View Post
    But hey thanx for posting!!!
    no problem... that's what we are here for...