584,830 active members*
5,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Glentek GA370-3 Servo drives (two of them) FOR SALE

Glentek GA370-3 Servo drives (two of them) FOR SALE

I found some "spare" parts from a Milltronic Partner 1 (1994 vintage) and bought all the guy had as I could use some spares. The servo drives are newer than mine (I have Fenner Drives and already have one as a spare or fourth axis), so I thought I would offer them up here and I know lots of Milltronics machines used them. Everything was supposedly functional and the guy just wanted to convert to Mach 3 as then his whole shop is running on the same control.... I doubt the wisdom in going from a true industrial control to Mach 3, but whom am I to say....

So, two drives, both are model GA370-3 370-3001 (C) and I have included pictures below. Price is $425 each, shipped in the continental USA. If I don't get any action shortly, I will throw them on Ebay.

Attachment 181414

Attachment 181415

Drives are sold.

Brian,

Did you find an exact match for your servo drives? I'm looking to pick up an extra servo drive and motor myself to try to setup a 4th axis for my machine. I see some good deals pop up on eBay but they are hardly ever exact matching numbers.

For example my servo drives are part no. SDFP1525-17-180

Here is a link to some SDFP1525-17-1-10's I'm curious what the difference acctually is, but I'm having a hard time finding any data sheets or technical information on these.
    Servo Dynamics Servo Drive SD6 412H 40 3F 106 SDFP1525 17 1 10 Loc"R" | eBay

Likewise, my servo motor is a MT30U4-42
    I see a lot of good deals on MTS30U4-42's and MTS30U4-36's and I'm curious if they would work just fine for the application.

Also, Do you know if you need any additional acroloop cards to drive a 4th axis? I only have 3 cards and I'm curious if that's enough.

Thanks!
    -Sly2

Sly,

OK, this is all from what I've been told, I have yet to take the time to set up the 4th axis. The Servo drives from Servo Dynamics sound correct, they need to be the -17, which denotes the 170VDC buss. The Glentek GA370-3's I had for sale are also a direct replacement for the servo drives. You can email Glentek support to make sure if the drives will work, which mine did evidently for those that bought them. Not sure about Servo Dynamics support... ZZZZ on this board is the guy who could answer this.

You can use just about any compatible servo motor, would need to be the right voltage and need an encoder that will have the number of steps you can work with. You set parameters in the control, once you enable the A axis, to adjust one pulse to be so many degrees.... more like so many thousand to be one full revolution, but you get the idea.

You will need another Acroloop card too, not the first one in the cage, that's your X axis and it has other things on it, you need a Y or Z card, then there is one jumper you change to set it so that it is the A axis. You will need some Amphenol connectors and have to do some wiring to hook everything up.

Again, I'm no electrical wizard by far, but I think I understand the process and have all the parts now, I have just been too busy making parts to have the time to experiment. Plus, the 4th axis I found had been sitting for years unused and I think the oil dried on the internal ring gear and I have a stiff spot in it, which means I'll most likely have to completely take it apart to get it spinning smoothly. I've had it over full with oil for months now, hoping by magic I'd spin it one day and it would be smooth and consistent.... hasn't happened yet, but it's getting better.