585,763 active members*
3,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Help please - Old Monforts RNC 1000-E won't power up

Help please - Old Monforts RNC 1000-E won't power up

Hi all, we bought a 2nd hand CNC lathe and after hooking it up we can't get it to power on. We can only get the control panel to light up, although the screen doesn't come on. The hydraulic unit is not connected yet, and there is no air to the machine yet. It's an old machine and we want to see if it fires up before we fully install it. Would this be enough to stop the control panel coming on, I would expect at least to see it come on even with error codes for low air/hydraulics. All fuses and breakers are ok. I have attached a picture of the bit of of interest in the electrical cupboard. Does anyone have some first hand experience with this machine?

***Edit*** We connected up the hydraulics, still no joy.

We have a power up procedure that seems to be correct.

Set Run/Off switch to off
    Power on main breaker
    Press on button on control panel
    Hold reset and restart in electrical cupboard
    Release reset
    Set Run/Off to run
    Release restart
    Set Run/Off to off
    Set Run/Off to run

When we power on and press the on button on the control panel a red status lamp near the Run/Off switch comes on. At the final step a green lamp flashes on for a second, but we do not hear the relay click and the machine stays off. I suspect at this point the green lamp should stay on. There is another flashing red lamp on a box labelled 03840.

Attachment 181611

Been a good while and we still can't get this thing to power up, I think I can be forgiven for bumping the thread. We have lights on the control panel, the computer just flashes on and goes off. The main relay is not activating and the hydraulics are not coming on. Any help appreciated.