585,974 active members*
4,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: No Hasp

Unhappy No Hasp

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a strange warning when I try to post a toolpath. It says Mastercam can not find hasp. I am currently saving the program to a floppy and putting it in the back of the machine because I haven't managed to find a rs232 cable long enough yet.

When I click "post" in the operations manager it throws up this warning and doesn't post the toolpath.

Any ideas?

Steve.

Are you running the demo software? If so i t won't post.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi rekd,

I'm running the full system and it posts the program to the floppy and the machine will run. In the oprations manager I have the edit button checked and up until now when I click post it sends the program to the floppy and then the cimco edit puts the code up on the screen for me to check/edit.

Now it doesn't do this last bit. It sends the program to the floppy ok and then this warning comes up saying "mastercam hasp not found". The cimco edit doesn't kick in even though I have the edit button checked.

I am saving the program to the floppy as a NC code.

Steve.

First question is = do you have your hasp plugged into the computer?

2nd, I wouldn't be posting the file to the floppy, I would post it to your hard drive and then copy it to the floppy afterwards. This way there's no need to repost the program a week later when you need to run it again and you've already written over that program on the floopy.
    You can't live forever, but can you be dead forever.....

OIC, it sounds like the Cimco editor was not updated. Did you do an update recently?

Try changing the default editor to notepad or some other editor, or try running Cimco by itself. (Mcam\Common\Editors)

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Originally posted by Buried
    First question is = do you have your hasp plugged into the computer?

2nd, I wouldn't be posting the file to the floppy, I would post it to your hard drive and then copy it to the floppy afterwards. This way there's no need to repost the program a week later when you need to run it again and you've already written over that program on the floopy.
    Good point, also, when working with floppies, the system tries to read from A: because of the 'recent documents' function, which slows down the time it takes to process things when there's no floppy in the drive. (You'll be able to hear it hitting the drive if this is happening.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Hi guys,

Thanx for the replies.

1st, what is hasp and how can I tell if it is plugged into the computer. 2nd, why has it only just started doing this. I have had this software for a while now and I am slowly introducing it to the business as time and workload allows. I have the software on two PC's, one in the workshop and one at home to play around on in my spare time (?) The one at home doesn't have this problem.

Saving the program to the hard drive sounds like a good idea. I haven't been bothered about doing this because I am still experimenting with it at the moment.

The guys at mastercam reckon it is a common problem when posting to a floppy and they haven't found a cure for it yet. They also suggest saving to the hard drive first. How can I update the cimco editor?

Any thoughts?

Steve.

How can I update the cimco editor?
    Have you tried running it by itself? Have you tried posting using Notepad.exe as the default editor?

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Hi rekd,

I have the cimco edit on the desktop by itself. If I try to edit an existing program on a floppy I get the same warning. I put the floppy into the PC, click on the cimco icon on the desktop and the warning comes up straight away. If I ok the warning it dissappears and nothing else happens, as if the cimco editor isn't working.

I have tried changing the editor in mastercam to notepad and also mcedit (file, edit, editor) and everything works ok. I can create a one off toolpath and send it straight to a floppy without saving it to the hard drive and the code comes up on the screen. This is not too much of a problem as I can still use the software and run the machine. It just seems strange why it has only just started happening. It never did it before.

It seems as though there is a problem with the cimco edit. If the PC had a virus could this effect it. I have some anti virus software installed though. I have noticed that my screen saver has stopped working at about the same time that this problem arose.

Any thoughts?

Steve.

Originally posted by stevieboy
    Hi rekd,

I have the cimco edit on the desktop by itself. If I try to edit an existing program on a floppy I get the same warning. I put the floppy into the PC, click on the cimco icon on the desktop and the warning comes up straight away. If I ok the warning it dissappears and nothing else happens, as if the cimco editor isn't working.

I have tried changing the editor in mastercam to notepad and also mcedit (file, edit, editor) and everything works ok. I can create a one off toolpath and send it straight to a floppy without saving it to the hard drive and the code comes up on the screen. This is not too much of a problem as I can still use the software and run the machine. It just seems strange why it has only just started happening. It never did it before.

It seems as though there is a problem with the cimco edit. If the PC had a virus could this effect it. I have some anti virus software installed though. I have noticed that my screen saver has stopped working at about the same time that this problem arose.

Any thoughts?

Steve.
    Something definately screwey with your Cimco.

When you change the default editor, use this method..

Open Mastercam
    Main Menu
    Screen
    Configure
    Start/Exit
    Editor

Select Notepad

Close and save any changes.

Try posting.

HTH

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Possibly a reinstall is in order?

Eric
    I wish it wouldn't crash.

Originally posted by balsaman
    Possibly a reinstall is in order?

Eric
    I was kinda leaning towards that, but wanted to exhaust any other possibilities first.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Thanks to my big corn-fed buddy Chris M over at eMastercam for this tip..

I think there was a prob with V9.1 SP2 overwriting Cimco key files. If you just loaded SP2 you may need to go to a backup and restore your license key for Cimco. If you don't have a backup I think your dealer could help you out

C
    'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Hi Guys,

I told mastercam about this problem but I forgot to tell them which version I was using and they forgot to ask. They sent me some updates but they were for version 8. Not sure if they will be any use as I am running version 9. I wrote back and told them and I am waiting on a reply. I think I might try a reinstall because the software works perfectly ok on my PC at home but it wont be for a few days yet because I am a bit busy.

I'll let you all know how I go on buy posting a reply on this thread.

Steve.

Hi Guys,

Well it's all sorted. The people at mastercam put me onto cimco via their website, www.cimco-integration.com. They have an update that you can download off the site, version4.32.28, the old one being 4.32.27. This puts everything back to normal and it's all working fine.

Now I can move on to the next problem regarding error warnings on the machine's screen. I'll post a new thread on here in a few days time and attach a program for you all to look at. I think my post may need reconfiguring and it's not something I'm capable of doing myself.

Cheers,

Steve.

:cheers:

Cool. Keep us informed.

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)