Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Thanks for your help! CNCzone!

lot of lookers , but no help!! thanks

Sure, anytime... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobrl View Post
    lot of lookers , but no help!! thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobrl View Post
    Hello! I am new to the CNC world,and brand new to this site! Thanks for any help you can give me!!! I hope i didnt make a mistake for my first purchase as a newbie!!!lol I bought and imported a Jcut machine and I am very happy with the construction , it is very fine qualty,but the tec support is hard to understand and i am getting tired of messing with them!! so I hope to get an answer on here for my height control! My plasma cutter is a Everlast power plasma 80 , we are connected to the table controller at 1/50 arc voltage and when i am making a cut i am seeing 3.3volts dc, then it suddenly raises the torch and still follows the pattern with out cutting of coarse! When it rasies i dont see much if any voltage change!! Any one have a thought?? Please!!
    Bob
    I've heard of everlast but i have never heard of the table your using , i wouldn't know how to help you , sorry

maybe if it was posted in a better spot you would have had better luck with getting help

Try cutting with the THC off. Look at the voltage. That is assuming you are using some presets if available for your machine like Pierce height and cut height, feedrate etc.

I am using a Hypertherm and those charts are in the operator manual. Everything in that manual is spot on except for the voltages. I have to use a lower voltage than they recommend.
    If you have it cutting well when the THC is off, then an average of the voltage it uses when doing that should keep your THC at or very near this same height.

I didn't see your initial post. The Zone is a big place. Welcome aboard, adjust the attitude and you will get some help.
    Lee

Thank you guys!! I have been having a very hard time with my machine!! I had seen lots of people looking at my post,just no responces!!! It is a china built machine, very well built,but no tec. support that I can understand!! Little by little I am getting there!! The other people i read talk about there hypertherm and other plasma machine having settings and charts for CNC connection,but the Everlast has no tec information ,at all!!! And the THC I have , has a 50-1 voltage divider in it, and when I was ordering the machine,the builders wanted to know the Arc voltage values of the Everlast, and they wanted to connect across the 1-1 voltage, and I asked Everlast,and they said 1-1 voltage was 200v dc, and that that was too high for control, but we didnt know the THC had a voltage divider built in. So any way after lots of confuusion, we connected to 1-1 tap, and now I am only seeing 20 to 23 v dc on the THC readout, and the settings only allows the THC to go down to 20 v dc!1 So I have problems with every cut, It goes to the first hole,pierces, (also,it pierces and cuts at the same height!!!, is that right??)then starts the cut,then the torch raises up,while cutting,and traveling to about 1" or higher and finishes the hole, then moves to the next hole and then cuts normal(but the pierce height and cut height is always the same!!) OH my!!! And I am new at this type of thing as well!!! lol Please any advice would be great!!!!

Okay. What Cam are you using?
    I use Sheetcam. It is very nice for most things I do that is 2D or 2.5D.
    My pierce height is 5 times higher than my cut height. Say I use .02" cut height, which I do on most thin metal, my pierce height is .1".
    Can you turn off the THC and see how well it cuts without it?
    Lee

Hello! Thank you for helping!! I purchased my machine from China,first mistake! They say I have to use the Cam software they sent,IBE CNCcut,a German product!! no help,no reply back!! It offers no settings for cutting!! The THC is a problem as well,I have no control(that I know of ) for adjusting the heights!! It pierce's at the same height it cuts! There is a option on the front that allows me to adjust the high zone,the low zone, the dead zone ,the error zone, the A,which I think is the ARC voltage setting,but it reads from say 200 down to 20,but all I can get out of the arc voltage ,reading,on the front display of the THC while cutting is 20,to 23 volts. My plasma cutter is a Everlast Power plasma 80. It seems to cut alright,but like I said,I am new at this,so not really sure!! No support like Hypertherm!!!! My mistake!!!
    Thanks!! Bob

Well, not sure how much more help I can be. I am unfamiliar with everything you have. I know it was costly to get the system you have, but without any sort of support, you certainly made a mistake. I have made plenty of my own similar mistakes on different things in the past. While they burned like hell for awhile, they have taught me to make better buying decisions by researching anything that costs over $20 before the purchase.
    Some of the other Guys on here have had similar problems with similar plasma cutters. I hate to say it, but when they broke down and bought a Hypertherm, the problems disappeared.
    I have several CNC machines and I will say that plasma with THC require's good support from all parties involved with the equipment. Otherwise it can get very expensive quickly doing trial and error testing on material that is far from cheap. Even then you may never get acceptable results on your own.
    Those are just some thoughts that may help with future decisions that it seems like you may be forced to make.
    Lee

Thanks Lee!!! I am thinking of dumping the controller ,that's suppose to run the machine,and dump the THC , and find some other source! You have any suggestions?? Ever heard of Wincnc??
    Spoke to them yesterday,he is getting me a quote together! He is saying,less that $2000.00 for new computer,programs,to run existing drives and maybe try to reuse the THC,not sure on that.Thanks

Am I doing something wrong?? I hit post quick reply , and dont see my reply???

No. The Forum is still undergoing changes. The Owner, Paul thought is was Cache or cookie related, but it isn't. It is something that was done in the past two days.
    Lee

I would check out Tom @ CandCNC. He has nice controllers and THC packages AND support.
    Here is the link.
    http://www.candcnc.com/

His site is confusing and old, but he says they are working on a new one. I use the MP3000.
    Just send him an email and he can make suggestions and quotes as well.
    Lee

Lee, spoke to Candcnc, they say I would have to replace all drives,motors , control !!!!! A third of what i paid for the whole system I have!!! I cant afford that!!! Maybe I can sell it for scrap!!lol Its heavy enough!! Thanks Lee!!

Wow. I had no idea you would have to go that far. There has to be some documentation somewhere. Did you put that machine on a CC? If so, you may be in luck. Tell them you are going to reverse the charges and have them pick the machine back up unless you get some understandable instructions and support. They have to have something. What came with the machine?
    There are a few guys on here as I mentioned that had plasma cutters like yours. I think both of the ones I'm thinking about bought Hypertherm instead. Don't know what type thc they were using. Maybe they can see this and offer a bit more insight.
    Another thing is that while THC is a very nice feature to have, you don't have to use it to cut some decent parts. When I was testing my system from Tom, it cuts pretty well with THC turned off. THC helps tremendously with warped metal and helps consumable life and cut quality.
    The consumable for your machine are pretty cheap, but they don't last that long either. A few years back, I bought a Cutmaster 40. Didn't use it much. Wound up selling it for a fair price. That money went toward the Hypertherm PM 45.
    Lee

Hello! I paid cash, sold my work van! no manuals or spare parts came with it!!! I found the operator manual online and printed it,same as for the THC!! Seems like the Plasma cutter works good, for now anyway!!! lol thanks anyway!!!
    Bob

Everlast plasma cutters are high frequency cutters. They will cause RF noise faults in any PC, controller or any PC nearby without proper grounding and sheilding. You need to star ground your table to an earth ground then isolate the circuit between the plasma cutter and PC (not on the same breaker) and then you may have a shot at it. You will find much frusteration in a chinese plasma cutter and chinese table, even if it has japanese servo motors. Without proper grounding and noise isolation you will never achieve a consistant cut. Even with these things enabled you may still have a issue that iwll forever be intermittant. Just ask a large percentage of customers who own the big $100K+machines
    Now featuring Plasmaland online

He has a 60c which has blow back start. How about posting the links to your plasma table along with the instruction manual. That will help you in getting more help. Post some pics of your table, pics of the motors, and pics on the controller inside and out. I would think MACH 3 and sheetcam would work just fine.

I was thinking the same thing. They are just steppers or servos. The drives may not even be proprietary either and may just work as is with Mach or by using a different BOB. Power supply already on board should do the trick. Not so sure about the THC though. That may be proprietary.
    I am interested in some pictures and info as well on this. Some for general info of course, but I want to see this thing work
    Lee

Thank you guys for all the help and concern!!! I will try to post the things you asked for,not sure how to put things on here, but will try tommrow!!!!! Thanks again!!!!!
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12