585,927 active members*
3,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Mounted Turret Tool Variable

Mounted Turret Tool Variable

Hello Everyone. First time posting on this platform but a long time reader. Hailing from sunny Australia.

I was wondering if anyone would know which variable, if any are available to read, to find which tool is mounted in which turret position. This is on a U5000 twin spindle, twin saddle machine with a P300 control. We have a useful A turret mounted tool variable VTTLN I think it is, but none that work for the 12 station B turret. We would like to be able to simplify a tool life macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mounted Turret Tool Variable

hy if you wish, i can help with code

is not critical to use vttln

sorry, i saw when you initially posted, but i was busy / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Hi Deadlykitten,

What would you propose could work? Currently we are setting a local variable to the tool number we know is mounted in the turret (it doesn't ever change, but in the future it could), and checking the life good/ no good flag with that. It works just fine, however if in the case we could use the actual tool mounted, then it could be a universal program without actual tool numbers in the program. If we did change the tool numbers, it would not be an issue with no program modifications required.

The tool life check does use a custom G code program, so we could overwrite the local variables to update the tool numbers from there, but it will rely on someone having to do that. This program is always executed at the end of any machining program so it is safe to do so. But not really the ideal way.

The tool life check does use a custom G code program, so we could overwrite the local variables to update the tool numbers from there, but it will rely on someone having to do that
    hy #2 for single turret lathe, Txxyyzz syntax :
    ... veton : active offset
    ... vetln : active post

if your T comands are :
    ... simetrical, like T010101, or T050505, you may use whatever sys var
    ... asimetrical, like T210121, thus offset 21 assigned to a tool mounted at post 10, then use veton

program example :
    ... home
    ... T
    ... aproach
    ... cut
    ... CALL O***
    ... home
    M02

O****
    // use veton here
    RTS

U5000 twin ...
    i just saw now that you use a multus; i can do some tests next week, then let you know what i find

What would you propose could work? Currently we are setting a local variable
    will talk after finding the system variables that do what is needed / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg