585,902 active members*
4,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Need solidworks tutor for cash. SE michigan.

Need solidworks tutor for cash. SE michigan.

Hello.

Nate here. built several cnc machines, done some conversions, decent machinist/welder etc...

I taught myself bobcad and now find myself wishing I had the modeling abilities that solidworks has. I bought solidworks, but need a one day lesson to get me started.

Anyone here in SE michigan/NW Ohio that wants to teach me a one day lesson for cash?

If you know solidworks well enough to teach it, please let me know. I have a flexible schedule and am willing to pay well and in cash.

Thanks,
    Nate.
    Nate.
    Ann Arbor Meechigan

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Hello.

Nate here. built several cnc machines, done some conversions, decent machinist/welder etc...

I taught myself bobcad and now find myself wishing I had the modeling abilities that solidworks has. I bought solidworks, but need a one day lesson to get me started.

Anyone here in SE michigan/NW Ohio that wants to teach me a one day lesson for cash?

If you know solidworks well enough to teach it, please let me know. I have a flexible schedule and am willing to pay well and in cash.

Thanks,
    Nate.
    Nate,
    Start with the tutorials in the Help area. Also there are a lot of YouTube videos. That will get you started till you find someone. The classes at the reseller are also well worth it, if you have the coin.

Mike

nate

one day course works for tetris :-)

solidworks sligthly more complex.. go to worldof wood forum,
    CNC Woodworking

leo is an engineer with much experience.. he possible answer for questions.. trough forum..

SolidProfessor - SolidWorks Training and Tutorials for SolidWorks is a great site, but doing the Tutorials within SolidWorks (at least do those first) helps a ton as well. One key thing to understand is how to create and use Planes.

You are right that at some point you need some face time with an experienced user, but you can progress a TON before then and get more out of it. If you want to come down to Indy, I'd be happy to teach you myself. Another option could be a Webex session...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html