585,752 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > unboxed Harbor Freight X2 mill X axis wheel won't turn

Unhappy unboxed Harbor Freight X2 mill X axis wheel won't turn

Ok, so I just received my mill, i am so happy. I mounted the X wheel handle, but the handle is stuck, the wheel wont turn, and I unlatched it from the side, I was going to force it, but I dont want to break anything, i checked underneath the base and I am not seeing anything like a bold or anything that is blocking free movement. Has any else had this problem as well? What should I do? Y and Z are all working smooth.

Did you check your gib adjustment and make sure that the gib locking lever is not tight?

Thanks for answering, actually it's the Y axis. I even removed on the right side of the base, the locking lever and the gib set screws. nothing.

I would suggest that you loosen the screw retaining plate right under the Y axis wheel. Two bolts I think. You may need to remove it completely to see what is going on.
    That was probably one of the last things assembled on this machine and it may actually either be binding there on the screw or may even have a light coat of rust holding the parts together. Could have a bit of sand in there too. Hard to say for sure, but that should give you a better idea of what is happening.
    Lee