584,837 active members*
4,824 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > CF card SRAM backup/Restore issue

CF card SRAM backup/Restore issue

Whenever we try to take SRAM backup or try to restore the backup,we get the error "memory card do not exist" or "memory card write protected."
    But The same card is working fine when running for the programs.
    We have tried out the different cards and PCMCIA jackets but the problem persists and sometimes the required operation is successful and sometimes not.
    The fanuc controls which we are using are 0IMB,0ITC,18IMB.Same problem exists in all controls.

So we need help regarding this situation and if there is any particular standard or any specific card, PCMCIA Jacket or Formatting type (FAT, FAT16, etc) that we should use with these controls?

From my experience some older controls do not like all CF cards I have some older 8MB (not GB) that seems to work in all the controls that will take a CF Others controls will only work with an actual SRAM cards though.

My suggestion, Use the smallest Cf you have and format it on the control. If that is not working, get a SRAM card. If it is only one control not working, consider calling Fanuc service to see if it is a hardware failure.

All those controls are i-series which work fine with common CF cards.
    The limit is 512M. Use a card less than that formatted either on the control or in DOS/Windows as FAT16 or FAT12 and it should work fine.