585,886 active members*
6,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BIESSE ROVER - NEED HELP

I am operating a Biesse Rover B 4.35. There is a glitch I can't seem to fix. The machine stalls in the "parked" position after the pedestal button has been pushed. After a waiting period of anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes and then pushing the pedistal button the machine responds and runs the operation. It doesn't seem to ever be a problem when the machine is first turned on and operating for the 1st hour of each day. It seems to be intermittent and add odd times. Has anyone experience the same problem? If so what was the solution?

Thanks, Tom

While not in this particular machine I have already run into such problems.

Your problem appears to be an aging component in the electronic cards. An idea would be to use a freezing spray. I mean the ones used for electronic failure detection.

When the problem arises spray the cards carefully. First one by one so that you can locate the one that is failing. Then try regions of that card and finally chip by chip. If there are transistors, check them as well. The freezing spray cans almost always have a small plastic tube that can be attached to the spray tip. This should help isolating the offending component.

If you decide on using any of these sprays please be advised to read the directions. In any case I would suggest using a mask and not breathing the mist.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Re: BIESSE ROVER - NEED HELP

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me the name of the freezing spray you are referring to. Also when I spray it onto the cards what am I looking for?
    Thanks,