585,573 active members*
3,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol T1 Excess Z error and NHead Lube

Newbie Here,
    Long time reader, first time post. We have a Mazak Quick Turn with a mazatrol t1. we just recently aquired this unit and have two problems any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The first problem is when trying to home the z axis. When moving towards the home switch the z axis shutters then throws a stop. The error is #2 excess z. Spoke with Mazak and Mitsubishi and both are kind of stumped. I have cleaned the brushes, and have adjusted the gain and dether. Helped some but still shutter and stops. It seems to happen any time you contact the home switch. I am starting to think it might be a encoder or a resolver. If anyone has any light on this situation i would greatly appreciate.

The other error which will not clear is 61 NHEAD Lube. I have checked the spindle lub and all is fine. I thought it might be a bad presure switch but cant seem to find one near spindle. Mazak cant seem to find any answer. Anybody experience this before?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp!

Chris,

You say that the z-axis shutters after it hits the decel switch? If this is true, I would agree that probaably you should try the resolver. You can't usually swap these between the axis though. Usually they are different. The tach can be swapped but I doubt that is the problem.

Regarding the 61 alarm, I would need to know the exact model name of the machine. This should be easy to figure out through checking a few bits that are linked to this alarm in the ladder.

Regards,

Chippy
    Chippy

Thanks for the reply, i finally got the n-head lube alarm to shut off. It was a option on this model and was not installed. I had to change a parameter to not look for the signal. I also was able to get past the other issue with the excess z error. That was also a parameter change. But now if i rapid traverse after hitting the home switch it will fail. i am able to run programs and use the machine now. but unable to rapid. We just got a oscillascope, so i will check the resolvers. I am pretty sure that is the issue. I will keep you posted and thanks for the reply.

Regards,
    Chris

Help with T-1 parameters

Which parameter did you change to get the head lub alarm to cut off.
    Also is it possible to get a snapshot of the parameters. we lost them all when we had to initalize the board. We have griffo bros. but when we inaltlized the machine we lost the comunication parameters also. if we could just get the parameters to talk with griffo bros we can restore everything else
    Thanks....

Hey donie197228,
    We got our parameters free of charge from mitsubishi. Send me a email and i will send ours over to you. You may want to contact mitsu first. They have exact parameters for your machine in there database. I cant seem to find the number, but you can get it from the web or your local mazak office. I would try this first, because i found that they are very specific to each machine. send me a private im and i will email ours over to you. Best of luck.

-Chris

The excess error could be because of excessive wear in the bearings on the ends of the ball screw causing too much play. I just had the same situation on an AJV25. It showed up soon after moving shops, so everything was different, voltage, temperature, floor - everything! We checked the amplifier gain, voltage problems, ball screw, ways etc. All it turned out to be was the bearings. They are easily replaced, just make sure you follow the instructions from Mazak.

Further to above - still had excess error #2 after replacing bearings and adjusting backlash. After many calls to Mazak and Mits, no help. While sitting on the throne I remembered building audio amps years ago and having to adjust gain to get channels balanced. Light went off!! Found gain and adj pots on axis servo amp card, adjusted both - problem gone. Too much and axis shudders, too little and you get excess lag error. Play with it a little and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by c5chris99 View Post
    Hey donie197228,
    We got our parameters free of charge from mitsubishi. Send me a email and i will send ours over to you. You may want to contact mitsu first. They have exact parameters for your machine in there database. I cant seem to find the number, but you can get it from the web or your local mazak office. I would try this first, because i found that they are very specific to each machine. send me a private im and i will email ours over to you. Best of luck.

-Chris
    Hi Chris

We have the same problem as yours (machine wasn't working for a long time),
    nhead lube problem (failure n61) , we have parameters from our machine but the problem is we can't change our parameters on second page op1-16. Do you know how to change it and what parameter we have to change to get rid of that failure.
    And one more question , does Your machine work under that failure (61) because we can work but when we turn on auto mode it works in single step mode and when we turn single step mode it works in single step

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    Hi Chris

We have the same problem as yours (machine wasn't working for a long time),
    nhead lube problem (failure n61) , we have parameters from our machine but the problem is we can't change our parameters on second page op1-16. Do you know how to change it and what parameter we have to change to get rid of that failure.
    And one more question , does Your machine work under that failure (61) because we can work but when we turn on auto mode it works in single step mode and when we turn single step mode it works in single step

Best regards
    I believe ours did the same as well. When i put in the original parameters in they didnt work. Then after recieving the ones from mitsu, i was able to change it. I later found out from the previous owner he gave us parameters from another machine. Another user had similar problems and i sent him my parameters, and his machine worked. Send me a pm or an email and will send you my working parameters and hopefully you will have some luck.

oh i forgot to answere your other question. No it would not function at all with error 61 in cycle mode. i am not sure about the other problem with the single step mode

we have parameters from our machine but the problem is we can't change our parameters on second page op1-16

We just had to have our memory cleared and all the information entered back in the machine. To enter the op1-16 you have to enter a 9 digit number, the 8 digits for the parameter plus a number for the number of 1's.

ex) you want to enter 1110 1000, you would need to enter 111010004

our problem was similar to the problem you had, but our x-axis motor drive isn't outputting any power so it needs to be rebuilt, the nhead lube alarm went away after we reentered all the original parameters. unfortunately our company never backed up the programs or anything from the lathe, so it's back to square one with the programs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by c5chris99 View Post
    Newbie Here,
    Long time reader, first time post. We have a Mazak Quick Turn with a mazatrol t1. we just recently aquired this unit and have two problems any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The first problem is when trying to home the z axis. When moving towards the home switch the z axis shutters then throws a stop. The error is #2 excess z. Spoke with Mazak and Mitsubishi and both are kind of stumped. I have cleaned the brushes, and have adjusted the gain and dether. Helped some but still shutter and stops. It seems to happen any time you contact the home switch. I am starting to think it might be a encoder or a resolver. If anyone has any light on this situation i would greatly appreciate.

The other error which will not clear is 61 NHEAD Lube. I have checked the spindle lub and all is fine. I thought it might be a bad presure switch but cant seem to find one near spindle. Mazak cant seem to find any answer. Anybody experience this before?

Thanks in advance for anyhelp!

The failure of the Z axis, you can correct it by lowering the speed axis for approximation of the RF parameter and lubrication likely to increase the value of SQ, 512 works in insurance.

Sorry my English is the translation of Google

Best regards

Hello!
    I have the same problem with my CNC(excess on z axis), and i don't know which parameter to change. My CNC is Mazak Mazatrol T1 and it hasn't been working for 2 years. I'll apreciate your help.