585,712 active members*
4,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > GSK Controller 980 TDB. Software issues, PLC not working!

Unhappy GSK Controller 980 TDB. Software issues, PLC not working!

First must make some apologies, new to this forum so might have posted in wrong area, new to CNC so might ask stupid questions and do stupid things!

I have bought a Chinese Lathe, with a GSK 980TDB controller, including 6 tool turrets, Hyd Chuck, and bar feeder.

I had a CNC tech guy come and help me get the basics.

We set work coordinates, tool offsets etc.

A few days later in noticed one of the tool offsets had changed, so I went to re do it.

The machine went a little strange. I would set the job coordinates up, but the lathe had its own idea.

The Z was ok but the X was way out.

I would take a skim, measure (for example 25mm) then zero machine. The machine zero was XO ZO but the Absolute was Z-123 (correct) and X25 (incorrect) When I started a program that was machining for example 20mm the x axis would machine at (machine zero) O-5. So it was machining about 100mm away from real XO or Z axis.

I tried every combination I could think of. Zero all tools at machine zero, then set X and Z on tool "OO". Tired zeroing tools after machining face and OD of job. Tired it all.

Anyway I was not going to let this machine get the better of me so I checked the manual and did a Backup restore. Turned it back on, it’s in CHINESE!

SO got my Chinese mate, and sorted that out, but the PLC is all wrong.

I checked the back up and it has the following .plc files

PLC
    PLC0
    PLC3
    PLC1
    PLC15

I have tried all of them. Maybe they are conflicting? Can I remove them from the Controller? How?

I get alarms for Spindle incorrect and x and z axis not set.

I NEED HELP!

:drowning:
    P.S I also see there is a program called GSKCC for editing plc ladders, where can I get this??

Did you figure out the issue with the gsk controller? I am thinking about getting the same controller for my bolton lathe. How has it worked out?