585,744 active members*
4,565 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 21i-t roughing cycle spring pass

Fanuc 21i-t roughing cycle spring pass

I run a Romi M-27 with a Fanuc 21i-T conversational control. When I do a program such as a simple rough and finish operation on a shaft, after it takes the last roughing cycle pass, it will take another full length spring pass in the roughing cycle at the same diameter before it takes the finish pass. I cant figure out how to not make it do this as its obviously a waste of cycle time just cutting air. I had to basically teach myself how to run this machine so there are several things that I dont know how to change. Thanks for any help.

Is the conversional something extra on the control? If it is something to help you producing a part and if it outputs Gcode, post it that I can probably help you as I use a lot of G71 cycles in my 21i-T.
    If it does not output gcode then I have no experience with it.

G71 does not do that unless specifically told via a parameter. It can also be that your depth of cut is just a few thou too small and the last pass is the last tiny amount (0.001" or 0.002" for example) which can look like a spring pass. Add 0.01" to your depth of cut and try it again.
    Otherwise it sounds like the conversational part of your control that writes the program is non-standard. you probably have a set-up screen somewhere to turn various things on and off.