585,727 active members*
4,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Full Power W/out Motion Error

I've been looking after a machine that uses a Centroid control now for 4-5yrs.

Last week we had an issue come up which I can't seem to find a solution for.

Our machine is a gantry unit using a U axis and a seperate Axis drive to slave the two sides of the gantry. On this U axis we're getting a 'Full power w/out Motion' error. Sometimes it's a "U axis Position Error" but usually it's the full power error.

I changed the external servo drive box w/ no effect, I've switched the motors from end to end on the gantry but the problem stayed at the U axis end. This error wll happen while the motor is not connected to the gearbox there so, pretty sure it's not mechanical. I've check continuity through all the connections and wires from the control end out to the motor w/ good continuity on all..

Not sure what else to check or where to go from here? Our OEM is no longer so I have no avenue there.. Kinda between a rock and a hard spot here and could REALLY use this machine [we're now ~ a week behind].

Anyone have some experiance here to point me in other directions for things to check?

Thnx
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

There are several causes for the "Full Power w/out Motion. Please see the attached for the section copied out of the manual. If you send a report (F7-Utilities, F7-Report) to [email protected] we should be able to further diagnose the issue. We just need the report.zip the software creates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full Power.JPG  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks.. emails sent
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't