585,722 active members*
4,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > connecting YASKAWA sgdm-04ADA servopack

connecting YASKAWA sgdm-04ADA servopack

Hi guys
    Recently I received a package motors and drivers of Yaskawa and because of inexperience I am trying to find out about the basics of wiring
    I downloaded the manual from which you quote an image which (for which they have been willing to help) you should see, because it is based on my questions which I spend immediately

Following the path of the current
    1st-The number 1 element is the logical main switch of the electrical panel which reaches the current from the grid. This switch is only one for all three drivers or each driver should have its own switch?

Then the current goes to the filter and from there passes in number 2 element. What's this?is it leakage current (circuit breaker). From this element the current goes to the driver in the slots L1 and L2. The question is similar to the first. From number 2 item we will connect the current in parallel to the three drivers or any driver I want a separate switch . In my electrical panel should I have for all the three drivers total 1 or 3 elements with the number 1 and 2 of the image

To pass to the next question I must say that my cnc would use as controler a PC in which mach3 will be running. The parallel port of the pc will connect to the breakoutboard

Third question
    Where I should connect the breakoutboard ? In port 3 or 4. The manual shows a computer connected to port 3, but maybe thiw port is for the computer that will set the driver and not for the computer that run mack3. What, therefore, the manual describes as "host controler" is it the computer that runs the mach3 (so i should connect the breakoutboard to port 4)

Anyone who has the knowledge the mood and the time can help
    Thank you very much for your time

Vangelis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manul yaskawa sgdm.JPG