585,568 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation School In Deseperate Help for CNC PLasma

Hey... i was just wonderign if soemone could point me in the right direction in were i could find soem CNC plasmacam files to download or either AUTOcad files....

My school has recently purshaded a machine manufactured by "Plasmacam" http://www.plasmacam.com/ im not shure on the model and what not.. But let me tell you this machine is the biggest peice of crap ive ever touched in my life.. its been 2semesters ive been trying to get this thing running correctly and nothing. Im starting to get very frustraded wiht this product and i need outside help.. This machine workes fine when you want 2 cut straight lines and circles but we didnt waste over 5000$ on soemthing that could only do that.. We keep getting a comunication error for soem odd reason and for soem reason or another it seems like theirs a dead spot on the table which it accures on most often. If anyone has any tutorials or anything that could help us we would really appreciate it... Thank you.. Sorry for the bad spelling.. Im very tired and in need of sleep... :boxing:

Mattdaddy I'm gonna make a suggestion that I hope you have already tried, but just in case....Have you contacted the manuf.? If you are getting comm error codes that doesn't sound like a files problem. That sounds like a wiring or software problem.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Tell me your exact error message you are receiving, also I need to know what brand of Plasma cutter you have hooked up to the table.

Is the machine the older model or the DHC (digital height control ) model

I have owned and operated daily one of these machines for approximately 4 years and have had and figured out how to fix just about anything on it.

Ken