586,005 active members*
5,181 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: How???

How???

I don't want to sound totally stupid or anything but, where does one go to learn how to program or I guess draw a wheel in either AutoCAD or via cad? I have both and have no idea how to even start. I have a CNC router with mach 3 and both of the above listed and have no idea where to even start. I even have the carbon fiber to cut, just don't know where to start

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

If you go to the YouTube website and type "viacad tutorial" or "autocad tutorial" into the Search box, you'll have your pick of many videos that teach various aspects of both programs. You can also use Search to narrow down the specific subject matter. Online tutorials aren't generally as nicely organized as the ones you pay a lot of money for, but hey, they're free..

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Drawing a circular object with radial objects couldn't be easier in Acad, You would then need to run it through a CAM program such as Lazycam under Mach prepares the drawing for CNC machining, tool offsets etc, and then it runs through a post processor that converts it to G/M code etc.
    If you want tutorial hard copy, search in Abe Books clearing house, I picked up a box full of manuals 10c on the $.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.