584,826 active members*
5,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New LetterCAM Software Released!

Hi Everyone,

LetterCAM is a new program written by myself for creating G-Code and DXF files from true type fonts. The program was mainly written for cutting out letters. The program is very easy to use. Just enter the text and select the font / size. If your saving to gcode, you can set the cut depth and Z increment also among other settings. When the toolpath is drawn, you can see that LetterCAM will cut the inside of the letters first and then the outside.

Below are some screen shots of LetterCAM. We also have a video to watch from our web site. As more features are added, we will post them here.

http://www.LetterCAM.com

Screen Shot # 1 - Main screen of LetterCAM with letters drawn in the window.

Screen Shot #2 - Each angle in the letters are shown here. As the precision adjustment is increased, the angles increase which result in a smoother cut letter.

Screen Shot #3 - Different font shown here with a higher precision setting.

Screen Shot #4 - Toolpath is drawn here. Notice the inside of the letters are to be cut before the outside area.

Screen Shot #5 - A list of fonts available with a larger view of each. Gives the user an easier way to select their fonts.

Screen Shot #6 - Settings screen where the cut depth and Z increment are entered. More setting screens are included such as colors, extensions, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen1.gif   screen2.gif   screen3.gif   screen5.gif  

screen4.gif   screen6.gif  
    LetterCAM CNC Software

Warren, great job. I love it when people do things like this.
    I saw your video and downloaded the trial version.
    One question. How does the program know what diameter tool you are using?
    Obviously the letters are cut on an offest and not on the line, otherwise you would get different outcomes depending the diameter of the tool.

I must be blind but cant find the tool setting?

Thanks.

Downloaded 15 days try, but it flashes "expired" message after installation, no chance to try, any suggestions?

Downloaded 15 days try, but it flashes "expired" message after installation, no chance to try, any suggestions?

I had the same problem and Emailed him.. No answer.

Is this product still active?
    I would love to try it on my machine (it looks like what I need).

Sorry about this. I'll take a look at it and fix it today. I'll post back on here when its fixed.

Thanks

Warren
    LetterCAM CNC Software

If I just go ahead and purchase it will it work?

I really need a program like this.. (soon)

At this time I managed to get it to run for a short time and entered my name in the reg box... Woops. Now all I get is a runtime error and the program closes. I did several reinstalls.. same results.

Will I be able to enter the reg info after purchase?

I really like what the progam will do from what I have read around the board here. And will probably show vidio of my home built machine (first pics of the machine) using your program.

Warren, Are you ok?

Please be very carefull... I have just downloaded this program from the lettercam website and when I went to install it up popped the following warning from pestpatrol....I am sure that no one wishes to have their paypal information hacked....

I do like the program... I just wish he would come back and let us know if it's fixed.

I like the program also...more concerned about the PayPal thing than anything else though.

Hi everyone,

Not sure why PestPatrol tagged it with a pest. The file Lettercam21.exe is the install file created with Install Creator Pro. I just built a new install and checks out okay on my end and I'm using McAfee and Norton. I had them both scan the file and install and nothing was detected. The only thing I can think of is a file I use has the same name as the pest being detected.

The new install has some fixes in the program. It also no longer shows as being expired right after being installed the first time. Anyone interested in LetterCAM can just visit our web site at http://www.LetterCAM.com and download it. Some of the features and screen shots are shown on the web site also along with a video showing the program in action.

Thanks,

Warren
    LetterCAM CNC Software

Smile LetterCAM

Dear Warren,
    I can not see on your website. This website still have or not.

Mongkol