584,837 active members*
5,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > cnc dnya 2400 retro or bridgeport

cnc dnya 2400 retro or bridgeport

Im at a cross road in my life . I have the chance to get a beautiful Bridgeport some tooling dro system and power tables. Dirt cheap.
    This money was suppose to be for my dnya myte 2400 Cnc. The motor is fried on it I was going to grab geckos and steppers to do a mach 3 retro fit.
    I do make parts for a small company I just started . I just don't know what to do.

Your going to need fairly large steppers for a Bridgeport.
    Z axis is not real easy to convert to cnc
    Probably need to add ballscrews, bridgeports tend to have a lot of backlash
    If its a vari head, conversion can be an issue if you want spindle speed programming. And if your running small tools, vari heads don't like high rpm. If its a step pulley you can drive them to 6k.

Bridgeports are great mills, and there are off the shelf retrofit kits for them, and lots of part availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Arich0908 View Post
    Im at a cross road in my life . I have the chance to get a beautiful Bridgeport some tooling dro system and power tables. Dirt cheap.
    This money was suppose to be for my dnya myte 2400 Cnc. The motor is fried on it I was going to grab geckos and steppers to do a mach 3 retro fit.
    I do make parts for a small company I just started . I just don't know what to do.
    I might be interested in your broken dyna myte 24oo mill. I am in Fort Worth, Texas

It's a cnc bob not a mill . 2500$ and it's yours non negotiable . Pm me IMF interested.
    Underthetire , I guess I wasn't clear enough in what I wrote. I'm not going to be cnc the Bridgeport right away . It's more less a dilemma of what would be better in my shop at the moment .
    It's ok any way I slept on the deal . It was a new Bridgeport with power tables and digital read out . With allot of tooling. 500obo it was posted on Craigslist yesterday morning and sold in 3 hours.