585,987 active members*
4,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Can,t fill my object

I,ve created my drawing, zoomed into all corners to make sure lines connect goto do the fill and it says this operation cannot be performed. I have two little circles inside my drawing it fills them(but thats not what i want to fill), I,ve tried their tutorials which I think are poorly done any ideas?

Try selecting all the lines in the object and then the Menu item Modify->Join Polyline, click Finish, which can be seen as a checkered flag on the menu bar at the bottom, or by right clicking. Then you can select it as an object, Right click, select Properties, Select Brush, then change it to a solid or pattern.

Hope this helps.
    GlenBA
    www.lathedweller.com

Thanx Glen, I just redrew it ( I didn't have the snap to grid on the first time) so now I,m able to fill it however I have two holes in it( this is a flat copper sheet part ) that are also being filled and I don,t want them to be filled as they are supposed to be holes

Using Modify->2D Boolean Operations->2D Subtract, subtract the circles from the object and they will become holes.
    GlenBA
    www.lathedweller.com

Thanx again Glenn, the 2d boolean didn,t work but the 3d boolean subtract did. Thanx again

Wow I love this program. Out of all the programs I downloaded this one I was able to draw my part out within an hour and 3d the part within a few days time. The only problem is cost. I won,t be purchasing Turbo cad just yet but it is definetly up there on priority list.