584,846 active members*
3,763 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > any info is appreciated

any info is appreciated

mastercam v9.1 and windows xp media edition arrows in chaining will not show up

Why not do a search at www.emastercam.com?

You will find your answers there.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Im not forsure on this but it could be the graphics card. Thats what my teacher at school said was the reasaon. he would change to a different screen and scome back to it somhow and the arrows would reappear

try slowing down your hardware acceleration, this should solve your problem. Had the same problem & this took care of it. it also made draft entitys visible when adjusting the placement of the draft

It's your graphics. Absolutely. What do you have for a video card? Or if it an "on-board" video (on the motherboard) like an Intel Video chip set. you will have to replace it.

Things you can try...
    1) download the latest video drivers.
    2) right click on the desktop, Properties, Settings(tab), Advanced, Troubleshoot and change the Performance slider down, one notch at a time, and try Mastercam again.
    3) Replace the video with an Nvidia Card/Chipset.

I use the FX 5200, FX 5700, FX5900, and the all work great. These are the bottom end cards now days. They can ce had for as little as $40. Better card = better performance. Get as much memory as you can afford. Miinhave 128MB & 256 MB

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com