585,663 active members*
3,113 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Seiki-Seicos LII Bubble memory Alarms --- Help on recovering from alarms 104,144,105

Seiki-Seicos LII Bubble memory Alarms --- Help on recovering from alarms 104,144,105

Hello,
    Does anyone know how to recover from the following alarms on a Seiki-Seicos LII on a HITEC-TURN 15-SRL machine MICON 16-II. I have the following alarms appearing on my screen 104: bubble alarm, 144: bubble no memory, and now also 105: servo I/F bus. This occurred after a quick drop in incoming power. The memory battery is fine, but did change it out anyway after this occured. Also had missing 24v dc on power supply that now is available again. Don't know why it dropped out and is now back. We have paramater backup file, and manually reprogrammed parameters. Still have the same alarms with the addition of the last 105 alarm. Is their a procedure for recovering from these alarms?

Hello,

did you notice if you lost all of your stored programs? What you can try is an ODF which will rebuild the internal memory directory and hopefully let the machine know how much memory it has again. Let me know, the only issue with an ODF is you lose all programs if they didn't get wiped out in the power drop.

John

Thanks John,

We did not lose the programs on this machin, but we did lose the parameters. We have manually restored the parameters. We have them backed up on a printout and we restored them one by one. After a bit a tweeking on some parameters we got the machine running with a few issues remaining. At the moment we are having problems with the the stroke on boh X and Z axis. We are having to adjust the offsets for these two axis by 4" in the + dirction in order to avoid a soft overtravel alarm. Even if we adjust te offset, the machine still shoots out a soft overtravel alarm. This is way to much of an adjustment. I'd like to know if their is a parameter that will adjust this.

Hello,

what parameter are you adjusting for. The soft overtravel limit is a parameter reference. I had this same issue on a HT15 more times than I can count. I had to adjust the reference position parameters every time to get them to zero return properly. Can you tell me what parameters you are adjusting.

John

We have not attempted to adjust any parameters that would affect this particular issue. We only had to adjust parameter #105 "workpiece coordinate system x movement" -- We adjusted this one because the x was moving extremly slow during zeroing. We do not know what parameters will correct the problem we are having now.

This is what was appearing on screen when the machine lost parameters:
    ALARMS
    104 BUBBLE ALARM
    144 BUBBLE NO MEMORY
    105 SERVO I/F BUS
    90 020,021,024,008
    91 025,028,058,054
    92 156

After we manually restored the parameters all the alarms were cleared. We still only get alarms 104 and 144 when the machine is first turned on, but will reset when we press the reset button on the machine. Is their a specifice paramenter or set of parameters that will take care of the soft overtravel problem? Is their a reason for us still getting the 104 and 144 alarms even though we've restored the parameters?

Hello,

try this to get rid of the Bubble Memory errors. Put the machine into edit mode, and go to the "DATA IN" Screen, for inputting programs. In the bottom left corner there will be an "O" that you would usually append your program number to. Instead type in "DF" so that it reads "ODF" and press input. This will rebuild your memory into its original state. Once it says "directory formation completed" just power down the control and restart the machine and see if that does the trick.

John

Just a quick note - this will erase all stored programs, so save them first if you need to!

We'll try this out...... Thanks,

Hello John,

I have not been able to try your las suggestion yet. I've had other higher priorities with a couple of other machines & I was out of the plant yesturday.
    This morning it turned out that the machine had all of the same alarms it had when we first started. The same list of alarms that had come up at first are back again and several parameters are missing again.

I had checked with the machine settup guy on having him download all of the programs before attempting to "reinitialize" the bubble memory, but he says that he has not been able to communicate with the machine on either side (left or right) control. To upload and download programs, he has had to manually input all data even prior to this bubble memory problem. We checked the communication settings on this machine and found that only the left side of the machine has the communication setting page appearing on screen. The right side is missing page 4, which is the setting page for communication.
    These are the following settings on the machine side and the settings on the GCODER we use for communication with this and our other machines.
    MACHINE SIDE SETTINGS (LEFT SIDE):
    RS232C IN/OUT PRINTPORT NO. = 1 (0,1,2)
    IN BAUD RATE = 4800
    OUT BAUD RATE = 4800
    STOP BIT = 1 (1,2)
    DC CODE =0 (0:USE)

GCODER SETTINGS:
    BAUD RATE = 4800
    DATA = ISO
    STOP BITS =1
    HANDSHAKE = XON/XOFF
    PORT = SERIAL

We still have to figure out what is causing these bubble memory fail alarms and loss of parameters.

Hello,

can you PM me your phone number and I will give you a call on this,

John