585,741 active members*
5,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol Program into a G Code Program

Can you save a Mazatrol 640 Fusion program into a "G" code program so that you can use it on another machine? Thanks.

Ask the folks at Solutionware - the makers of MazaCAM.

I think you can import a Mazatrol 640 program into MazaCAM and export a G-Code program.

http://www.mazacam.com/whatis.html

Have you got any idea about how much this software is? Thanks.

Sorry, I do not know the price of this software.

I got a quote last month, was about 4k.

Wierd, I just got a call from Mazacam today. For stricly Mazatrol, they said about 3.5k, and for the ability to flip and flop from g-code to mazatrol, as in program in mazatrol and post to a morei lathe or a Fadal mill (lathe and mill seperate options), 9.5k. I figure that isn't too bad, since for doing some of the simple stupid stuff on the mills mazatrol is damn quick, and if your running a bunch of lathes, I think you would be money ahead programming them in Mazatrol. Also it will, if I understand it right allow you to pull your Mazatrol programs off a Mazak, repost them and send them to any machine you want.

No affiliation or anything, never actually tried it, but it does sound like a good idea if your running a mix of machines.

Camlink

GriffoBros Camlink software is tailored for mazatrol programming from a PC. And will convert Mazatrol to G-Code and vice versa at the press of a button.
    Try this linh
    www.griffobros.com

I have never known Griffo Bros being able to convert Mazatrol to G-Code. Is this a new feature? Only program i have heard of and used to convert Mazatrol to G-Code is MazaCAM and it works pretty good. You dont have to buy options for printing, transfer or translation.

No, its not a new feature . We have had it (Camlink) since 1998.After you run your tool path look in the upper left hand corner of the screen and you will see ISO. Click it and you can save it to a floppy for editing or transfering.

You can use CAMWARE software from MAZAK to convert Mazatrol to EIA/ISO.
    or add EIA/ISO conversion option into your machine.

give me a buzzz if you're guys want to converse Mazatrol to ISO.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Mazak Conversion

Anyone know which of these programs are affordable? Or where to get a copy?

Did you find an afforadble program to convert from Mazatrol language to "G" Code? I am looking for this also. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Smile Mazatrol G code conversion

I use Mazacam from Solutionware Inc. It works fine for most CNC controls. Using the G code conversion from the Mazak control will not work for other CNC because it uses codes that other controls do not use. Griffo does a simple conversion to code but as far as I know it is just generic code and you have to edit it for your control before you can use it.

SOLUTION WARE WORKS THE BEST YOU CREATE THE CAD AND CAN POST
    IN MANY MACHINE CODES JUST G CODE OR TO THREE OR FOUR MAZATROL
    MACHINES.YOU CAN DO IT IN G CODE AND PRESS MAKE MAZATROL AND IT IS DONE IN ABOUT 1 SEC. SYSTEM IS A LITTLE PRICEY I THINK WE PAID
    ABOUT 18,000.00 FOR LATHE AND MILL PACKAGE

I'm looking into moving some of the Mazatrol paths from the machines controller into an external computer we have set-up next to the machine. I would also still like the ability to send these Mazatrol paths back into the controller when needed. Does anyone do this if so what are the pro's and con's