585,748 active members*
3,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Taig DSLS 3000 Question

I am thinking about getting a Taig DSLS 3000 w/ 4th axis.

I am interested in knowing how well these hold up with moderate service.

Also, can anyone suggest a vendor or two for sales/service?

Greg

These mills hold up well, and they come with a 2-year warranty, in case anything does go wrong. They are built in the USA by a family-owned company that takes pride in their products and supports them well. I'm not here to blow my own horn, but I'm a Taig distributor who offers a discount but doesn't ignore customers after the sale.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Thank you, Andrew.

I use Rhino for design. Is a program bundled with the purchase to interface with the mill?

Greg

The mill comes with Mach3, which runs g-code programs, if that's what you mean. But in between Rhino and Mach3 you need another program to write g-code based on the model you've made in Rhino. The one I'd recommend, since you're already using Rhino, is RhinoCAM, although there are other CAM programs that would work too. It's not included with the mill, but I can get you a good deal on it. It plugs into Rhino, which is handy for making little adjustments and changes without having to switch between programs.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Andrew, email sent.

Greg

I'm going on 6 years and never needed to replace a part that was worn or defective.... "and I've beat the crap out of my machine" But I think most of the extended life is from the DSLS 3000 system it self, had I not had it to E-stop when I goofed up I'm sure I would have to replace parts in the 1st year do to my malfunction.

Also got mine from Andrew and would get a second one from him... He worked for his money , put up with all my questions for weeks!! before I ordered and sent E-mails back like a chat window!

Thanks for the feedback, Menacer.

It's nice to know that there are satisfied customers out there.

I have been in contact with Andrew (by email and phone) and he has been very helpful.

Greg

Re: Taig DSLS 3000 Question

I have had a DSLS for about 5 years, I live in AZ and went to Taig, they gave me the tour, I bought my mill with the 4th axis and love it, the only parts I had to replace were the belt and the headstock was making some noise and Taig sent me a new one without any questions or delays. The thing that you have to remember is that these machines are not meant to take 1/2" cuts at 90 IPS that being said you can do some amazing work if you don't try to do something crazy with it...