585,752 active members*
4,252 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > inch to metric Osp700 L

inch to metric Osp700 L

Hello Everyone, i have an Okuma LB10II m lathe but i dont have any manual for this machine i need to change the parameter of meassure programming (inch to metric) but i dont have the parameter list, if anyone have some information about this i will appreciate your help...

im starting with cnc so i dont know how to make my questions... and sorry about my english...

From memory it's parameter bit number 3 bit 0. Toggle it and check you machine coordinate displays.

Best regards,

thanks for the information but im really lost with this.. im not sure where this parameter bit is, i found a page "turret parameter" "long word parameter" and "optional parameter" where do i have to change this bit?

thanks again!!

Optional Parameter Bit pages.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Optional Parameter Bit pages.

Thanks a lot... i finally found it... the next step is how to use the talistock... Thanks... is there a parameter to activate the tailstock? because with the footpedal it doesnt move..

You will need to look in your parameters for a page with pictures of your chuck and center on it. Set the center work bit to 1 and your tail stock should come to life. M56/M55 will also adv/retract it. If you need to rotate the spindle with the quill retracted,use M157 to turn center work interlock OFF.

Best regards,

- - - Updated - - -

You will need to look in your parameters for a page with pictures of your chuck and center on it. Set the center work bit to 1 and your tail stock should come to life. M56/M55 will also adv/retract it. If you need to rotate the spindle with the quill retracted,use M157 to turn center work interlock OFF.

Best regards,

Check... My Tailstock its working, but i get a "TailStock torque error" when i tried to move it, it has some lock? o maybe im doing it wrong i just put in the pin that is in the top of the tailstock to hook it up with the turret

could you help me with a short program of how to use the tailstock? because i dont have a clear idea of how it works exactly... i dont know if the positioning is manual or it can be programed and if the pin also can be activated by an M code... btw im finally working with the lathe without the tailstock but with all your help, its working...

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post

Best regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Best regards,