585,991 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HELP to buy driver boards

Hello I have constructed 4 axis cnc with nema24 motors so please hepl me will this controlers and breakout board work for me? :

CNC Single Axis TB6600 0 2 5A Two Phase Hybrid Stepper Motor Driver Controller | eBay

Mach3 5 Axis CNC Breakout Interface Board for Stepper Motor Driver CNC Mill | eBay

Maybe, but a lot of people here have had nothing but trouble with this stuff. Put "TB6600" in this site's search box to find discussions about these drives.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

maybe? how can I tell will it work or not? what must be parameters?

can you suggest any other board in same price window?

I am not aware of anyone having trouble with the tb6600 boards. The culprit is the tb6560.

The tb6600 is new and is very easy to work with. Unlike the tb6560, even a minimally skilled designer should theoretically be able to design an adequate board. My guess is that the board in the link is OK.

The only concerns I would have are:

1. The TB6600 is rated at 4.5 amps continuous, 5 amps PEAK. That means 5 amps for very short periods of time. Saying that it can run continuously at 5 amps is deception. It's still much better than the TB6560's though. The TB6600 might actually do 4 amps continuous and the TB6560 can't do 3 amps for more than a few minutes without burning up. I'm not sure then can do 2 amps. Totaly piles of crap, they are.

2. It's nice to buy an assembled and tested unit, but if you didn't build it, it's harder to repair it. So be very careful. I like kits. Yes, you have to solder them together, but then you know how to fix them if anything goes wrong. And yes, I'm biased, because I sell kits. ,o)

3. We assume you mean NEMA 23 motors?
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

I had TB6560 on my last machine running 24v at 3 amps and never had a problem. they certainly lasted a whole lot longer than a few minutes. i used the single axis boards. They ran fine and I ran it quite a bit in until I bought my G0704. I had one part I made that had a cycle time of about an hour and they didn't complain about it at all. I have seen a lot of posts about problems with the multi axis boards, but have yet to see a post about a single axis board not working.