585,951 active members*
3,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Screen goes blank?

Screen goes blank?

I have a windows 7 laptop with Sprutcam on it, bear in mind I am still learning. Anyway I have a drawing of a G Clamp that i want to 2d contour, I have no problem importing the drawing, putting a box around it,creating the operation and filling out the parameters this all seems to work ok. However when I click run the box gets ticked and the G Clamp disappears off the screen- never to return. At one stage tonight I got the message "Catastrophic Failure" so I shut down and restarted, but I still can't get any further! Any ideas?
    Will

Not sure if this is the same problem you are having but look at the "Visualizations" tab in the system setup dialog.
    Is "Use Fast Painting Mode" got a check mark in the box? If it does, remove the check mark and restart SC and see if that helps.

It may be your video card on the laptop as well. If you need to un-check "Use Fast Painting Mode" and that doesn't work try putting a check mark in the box for "Use Simple Open GL Objects Only" and restart SC and see if that helps.

Also, sometimes if you are doing a lot of simulations, and re-running and re-setting the ops in one session SC will give you a Catastrophic Failure. It helps to save and close SC then re-open before you get the error, seems to help refresh memory or something.
    HTH
    Gerry

Attachment 184788
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Thanks Gerry that worked! Now I just have to work the rest out, I cant seem to select the curves to 2d contour, would that have something to do with using an IGES file instead of a DXF?
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by wbleeker View Post
    Thanks Gerry that worked! Now I just have to work the rest out, I cant seem to select the curves to 2d contour, would that have something to do with using an IGES file instead of a DXF?
    Will
    Hi Will,
    Cool, glad you got it to work.
    I prefer IGES files over DXF.
    Check and see if you have "Model Geometry Visibility" toggled on. You can just left click on the icon to toggle it on/off. Right clicking the icon gives you more options on how to view "Model Geometry Visibility".
    You might also check your selection filters too. Maybe you have face and edge filter turned off?
    Gerry

Attachment 184914
    Currently using SC7 Build 1.6 Rev. 64105

Hi Gerry
    Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated! I looked at what you wrote in the post and played around and couldn't get it! Then i went to the Tormach videos and decided to try Waterline roughing and finishing- no problem had the code in five minutes and did a test run today with the blank in the vice, i just set the Z Zero a bit high so I didn't hit the vice, all went well until the collet chuck walked out of the spindle, but that is a problem with my setup of the PDB, which I will fix soon
    Will