585,705 active members*
3,835 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fagor 8055 tool length offsets

I write code for a fagor 8055 MC controler and set up the tools. I set the work co-ordinates by moving the X and Y to a location and zeroing the axis.
    I set the tool length useing the utility. When I try to use work offsets G54,G55 ect my tool length ofsets are then wrong. Could someone post their
    code so I can see with G54 and G55 and tool offsets so I can see where I am going wrong?

I have used G55 G58 successfully but don't claim to have your answer.
    Not sure why your tool length offset is being corrupted.
    The machine coord need to be entered in the Zero Offset Table.
    eg;
    G00 X0 Y0 Z0 ;move to your part zero
    (ORGX54=POSX,ORGY54=POSY,ORGZ54=POSZ)
    G00 Z100
    (ORGX58=0,ORGY58=0,ORGZ58=0)
    G54

N10 G01 ;Your Tool Path

(P1=P1+100)
    (ORGX58=P1,ORGY58=0,ORGZ58=0) ;Moves X +100
    N100 G58
    (RPT N10,N100)N2 ;Repeats twice more.

Check..written from memory.

Kind of an old post but thought I may be able to help. I program an 8055 at work (all manually at the machine).

First, this is how I set up my Z axis corridinate. Activate G53 (machine coordinates) I load a tool that has no data in the tool offsets page, and no physical tool in the spindle (the spindle is empty but the controll has a tool loaded - make sure all offsets for this tool are set at 0). I bring the head down and use a 1-2-3 block to set Z 3" from the surface I want to set Z to the face of the spindle. Then using the Set Zero Offsets page, I set my Z for whichever offset I want to use (99% of the time it's G54 or G55 - not 56 or 57)

Then when I load a tool that I want to use to program with (Tool 1 in this example), I load that tool, turn on G54 or G55, activate D21 (offset for use with TCP) NOT D1, then activate G48S1 (TCP on). Send the machine to Z0 and it will be 3" off the surface where I set the tool. I guess this is all assuming that TCP is common to all fagor controls?

The D21 would be different if your offsets are configured differently. For ours D21-32 are used for TCP on tools 1-12 respectively.

I'm not sure it matter, but what offset do you have active while setting the tool length? I always have G53 active, then after setting the length, turn on whatever offset I want to use on the part.
    Dustin B.
    ================
    I hear and I forget.
    I see and I remember.
    I do and I understand.

Thanks for the help will try.

Fagor 8055i A/T controller

I am helping a friend with a lathe that has a Fagor 8055i A/T retrofit controller. I cannot figure out how to touch off the tools for set-ups. It has a KDK tool holder for manual tool changes. Any help from someone who uses this controller would be much appreciated!