585,735 active members*
4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Amplifier fualt errror, after memory currupt error

Amplifier fualt errror, after memory currupt error

Hi, my fadal is down again and i really can't figure this one out. I was changing programs and when i hit enter after typing the program number the screen froze up. I couldn't get to any pages and when i pressed manual, i could see a currupt memory error flash really quickly. I re started the machine, messed around with it a bunch and it finally came back to normal. I changed the program and started cutting. then got axis amplifier alarm. reset, got it again after a few minutes. I talked to tech support at fadalparts.com and he said it could be a currupt program, or memory. so i ended up doing the zero memory procedure. i sent the program back and boom, more alarms. I switch the amps from x to y, and still got an x amp alarm. so i handle jog x and can do it all day with no alarm. i ran a program to feed table back in forth in x and no alarm after 15 minutes. I ran a program to travel y, and it alarmed almost instantly after switching programs. i ran y again, and no alarm after 15 minutes. I put my program back in, and alarm withing 10 sec. I really cant pinpoint what parts to order. I can run x and y independently with no problem, jog no problem, but in a program with x moving, then switching to y, i get an alarm. I have done zero memory three times. any ideas? thanks in advance. I am really in need of a tech and just cant find one in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Moore View Post
    Hi, my fadal is down again and i really can't figure this one out. I was changing programs and when i hit enter after typing the program number the screen froze up. I couldn't get to any pages and when i pressed manual, i could see a currupt memory error flash really quickly. I re started the machine, messed around with it a bunch and it finally came back to normal. I changed the program and started cutting. then got axis amplifier alarm. reset, got it again after a few minutes. I talked to tech support at fadalparts.com and he said it could be a currupt program, or memory. so i ended up doing the zero memory procedure. i sent the program back and boom, more alarms. I switch the amps from x to y, and still got an x amp alarm. so i handle jog x and can do it all day with no alarm. i ran a program to feed table back in forth in x and no alarm after 15 minutes. I ran a program to travel y, and it alarmed almost instantly after switching programs. i ran y again, and no alarm after 15 minutes. I put my program back in, and alarm withing 10 sec. I really cant pinpoint what parts to order. I can run x and y independently with no problem, jog no problem, but in a program with x moving, then switching to y, i get an alarm. I have done zero memory three times. any ideas? thanks in advance. I am really in need of a tech and just cant find one in my area.
    Take off your extended memory and see if that helps everything.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

I tried that this morning and it seemed to work. i loaded the program i wanted to cut and ran 3 cycles, about 45 minutes with no problem. It wouldn't run a minute before. I sent a different op over that i needed to cut with a smaller program because the first program didint load all the way due to not enough memory. I setup the op, and started cutting, boom alarm again.