585,991 active members*
6,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plastic/Delrin Rims need info

I am thinking of adding rims to my previous RFQ for rock rings. I think it would be to expensive to have them made from alumnum and after the rings are on them you won't see much of the rim anyways.

I have done some research about having them done in plastic, but the molds cost thousands of dollars.

Are there more cost effective ways to have a plastic rim made for a (RC) Radio Control truck?

They would be 2.2" wide about 3" in diameter. All I am looking for is a plain rim with a Bead on each side (to attach the bead lock ring) and have a true bead lock set up for RC. I would like them to be in black, dyeable if possible.

I would like to have 500 to 1000 of these made and would like to pay 50 cents a piece. I can buy more if need be.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

www.DrasticSports.com

You can't buy the material in those quantities for that. Much less machine them too. You need to look in China

I think even if the material is free shipping from China for that quantity will put the price too high. We speciallize in low volume plastic parts. Sometimes they are machined, sometimes molded. The key is to simplify your design for the manufacturing process and try to use the same parts on as many models as you can.
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

It might be possible in aluminum within the general under a buck price range. You need to provide more info though. Some sort of pic with details of what you need... things like hub, web, etc. Even just a picture of the part you want duplicated would help.

Tiger