586,009 active members*
4,719 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > RS-232 Termination string for Centurion V on a Partner I

RS-232 Termination string for Centurion V on a Partner I

There is a Partner I machine in the shop that I work at that no one else but me will touch. For simple parts that do not require coolant, etc. I like to use this machine and have been (by using floppies from our cam package). I decided to hook it up via RS-232 and it transferred files beautifully with the same settings as what we normally use for another older mill........ but after the whole program scrolls onto the screen and it sees the last line (% I believe) it just sits there waiting like it hasn't recieved a termination that the program is indeed all sent. Is this something on the control I am not doing right or do I need to modify my posts to include some ending that this machine wants to see?
    I apologize if I am naive but I was lucky enough to make the jump from floppies to ethernet early in my machining career and don't have the RS-232 background like most people.

Have you Escaped away from the RS232 screen to go to the Program - Text screen to see if you got the complete file?

Look at the F7-Parms, F9-Ctrl screen to find the RS232 setup options. There may be some odd End-of-File character listed there.

As ZZZZ says, you need to manually finish the transfer.... it will stay on the end of the program after it's been fed in, then you hit escape once, it will ask for another program name, in case you were sending another file, or maybe a subroutine for the one you just sent. Hit escape again and then go to run, text, old, type in the program number you just sent and that should then make it active if the control memory.

You can also list it in the files sections... but you need to bring it into active memory anyway, so this is the way I do it.