584,829 active members*
5,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

bridgeport refit

Hi

I've just bought a Bridgeport series 1 cnc mill without the controller or stepper motors. my plans are to purchase new steppers and drivers from china off eBay. i want to get good quality breakout board and i'm not sure if i should go for a Ethernet or parallel port one, any suggestions would be appreciated. here is a poor pic of it on the trailer when i got it home.
    Attachment 185458

but a kit from. Anilam or some other company that has them for this machine. you can get servo motors instead of steppers and a control pendant with much nicer features.

I looked into buying a kit or using servo motors but it is just a toy and i cannot warrant that sort of money. i priced up servos here in Aus and i was about $1500 per axis. The stepper kit I'm going to get is about $1100. There are no one in Australia offering the kits you can get in USA and I don't want to get one from the other side of the world. Anilam no longer sell controllers outside the USA i think as the last mill we got at work had a Fagor controller on it because they can no longer get Anilam ones.

Be sure to check the lube system and clean the reservoir and filter. If it doesn't already have one install a small pressure gage in a line so you can watch to be sure it's working. The metering jets or units should also be replaced.