585,578 active members*
3,847 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Problem with cutting out angeled pocket

Problem with cutting out angeled pocket

So I made a file on solid works for a les paul guitar, and the neck pocket needs to be at an exact angle for the guitar to work good. I have this angle in the solidworks file, but for some reason the cnc router (using Partworks 3D) I use doesn't consistently cut out this pocket correctly. A couple of days ago I tried it with a .25 inch bit with a plunge rate of .25, and that worked . The next day all I changed was the plunge rate to .125 and it didn't work. it cut out the profile of the pocket but half of it was at ~.125 inches the the other half was at~.25 inches with no angle.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to why this is happening because I am completely stumped.

Thanks

Your question is extremely vague. How about some pictures, screenshots, etc.?

the bottom one is one with the pocket cut out correctly, the top one is the one with the weird cut job. I'm thinking that its an issue with the finishing path

Seems like it must be a problem with your CAM software (Partworks 3D?). Is there a forum for that software? I've never heard of it. If so, you could ask your question there. If not, I would try the general CAM discussion area. This forum is more for general woodworking than specific CAM software problems.

Good Luck
    Matt