585,992 active members*
5,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > any one have or seen Teknic SST-1500 servo amplifier

any one have or seen Teknic SST-1500 servo amplifier

there on ebay cheep but dont know if there worth a dorn any one buy and use them??? will there work on the sanyo p5 1000w??

I picked up one of the teknic drives to try my sanyo motors. I'm hopeful that they will run the motors to their full potential. I have both the 300w and 1000w motors to test with.
    I have wire connectors on order, but have not yet built a power supply. I may try to test them with a 48v supply I have, but would like to run them at around 70-75.
    Any advise from someone who has one of these drives running would be appreciated. Specifically, setup in mach3, encoder wiring, realtime monitor?
    I will post results when I get this drive running, I hope it can handle the 1000w motor.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

The MultiCAm CNC routers I work on are running Teknic SST's. I'd have to open the cabinet again to get the exact specs. They are running MCG servo's. To tell you the truth, all of this is very new to me. I'm trying to spunge up as much as I can here.

these drives are very flexible, you can even run them on a 24V PSU for tests... you must know that the higher the voltage, the higher the speed, and the higher the current, the bigger the torque, so for TESTING the drives without much load, and to get the hold of the config options and so forth you can do this low voltage testing.
    I strapped a 24V 10A PSU and they worked fine. (I had a few of them laying down from another job)
    Afterwards I upgraded to 72V (3x24V in series) 10A for a "high speed" application

It will handle any motor you put on it. The question is if the AMP-PSU combination will be able to drive that motor to 100% or will u be underusing your motors.

Don't forget to visit Teknic's webpage and download the manuals, they are ever so useful.

About the programing on the 540's, it depends on your application. If you are familiar with mach2 or similar, they work beatifully with step-dir commands, but the programing on the 540's is not hard. You have to download a software form the site, and a manual.
    I suggest you give it a try.

Hope this helps

Ah, also, the ebay drives are usually fine. Then again, it depends on the seller and the description of the drive.

I have bought about 4 Teknic drives and 6 motors off ebay, and only 1 had a faulty encoder...
    I just replaced it and VOILA