585,581 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Programming Tricks wanted for Running Acromill v1.15.2 software w/o controller Card?

Question Programming Tricks wanted for Running Acromill v1.15.2 software w/o controller Card?

Want to run Acromill v1.15.2 as simulator.
    Seeking Programming suggestions or download for running Acroloop Acromill Software without the controller card for compiling errors and toolpath graphics simulation, as the program can be transported and booted, but displays program flow file error and unknown assignment error when booted in a computer without the controller card, in my case the acro8000 controller card. I assume that somewhere there is a collection of programs that replace the *.8k files that address the controller card and can simulate the card when it is searched for on boot.
    Seeking more information on Acromill program flow programming syntax, and programing examples. Running twin head gantry router table w 5 axis Acromill settings. Particulary want to be able to pull in subprograms like M98 and M99 usually works, which is not supported in Acromill, although custom M codes are. Seeking a prewritten custom M code that works like the Fanuc like Acr-MotionMax excerpt from...

Programmer's Reference Manual ACR-MOTIONMAX M-Codes

M98 and M99 SUBPROGRAM COMMANDS
    Initialized: No Modal: No
    Primary function:
    These commands allow the program flow to jump to a subprogram. Subprograms are useful, because they
    relieve the programmer from having to enter redundant commands in a part file. M98 is used to jump to a
    subprogram, and M99 is used to return from a subprogram. Nested subprograms are allowed up to 10 levels
    deep. When using nested programs, the subprogram must be below the actual calling M98 block.
    Programming words involved with M98:
    N - Sequence number
    P – program number
    L – number of times to loop (optional…assumes 1 time)

Programmer's Reference Manual ACR-MOTIONMAX M-Codes - 51
    Example program:
    N005 G70 G90 ; inches, absolute positioning
    N010 T01 M06 ; tool change
    N015 G00 X1 Y1 Z.1 ; rapid to X=1 , Y=1, Z=.1
    N025 M98 P100 ; jump to subroutine number 100
    N030 T02 M06 ; tool change
    N035 G00 X3.0 Y3.0 ; rapid to X=3, Y=3
    N040 M98 P100 L2 ; jump to subroutine number 100 2 times
    N050 M30 ; end of program
    (Subroutine for a square)
    O100 ; the O word must be on a line by itself
    N1 G91 S300 ; incremental positioning
    N2 G01 Z-.25 F6 ; feed the tool into the piece
    N3 X1 ; incremental square
    N4 Y1
    N5 X-1
    N6 Y-1
    N7 G90 ; absolute position
    N8 G00 Z.1 ; rapid out of the piece
    M99 ; jump back

O
    This is the word most controls use for a program number. All controls discussed in this course allow the user to
    store multiple programs in the memory of the control. The programmer may assign the program a number from
    0001 through 9999. The O word will be the very first word in the program. No decimal point is allowed with
    the O word. Using the O word is optional with the ACR-MOTIONMAX™ control, unless using subprograms.
    Ensure you use the letter “O”, and not the character zero.
    P
    a. The P-word is used to specify the length of time in seconds for a G04 dwell command. Dwell commands are
    used to make the axis motion (for all axes) pause for a specified length of time. A time of three seconds would
    be specified as P3.000 . Other examples: P2.500 = 2.5 seconds, P0.500 = .5 second, and P10.000 = 10 seconds.
    b. A secondary use for the P-word is with subroutines to specify the subroutine program number to be
    searched. No decimal point is allowed with the P-word. See the ACR-MOTIONMAX™ Training Manual for
    more information on subroutines.
    c. In G51 Scaling, P defines the scaling factor with a value range 0.001 to 999.99.

Seems most logical that these things exist, but perhaps not,
    Thanks for Thinking, O'Hallock

I am asuming you have the DOS version?
    AFAIK the Acromill/Acrocut front-end software has to see a card when loaded. The *.8k files are just routines that are called in and run when required, Home, Jog etc.
    The Initfile.8k loads the initial config file and any PLC's etc.
    I assume you are familiar with the custom Canned cycles feature, which includes G65 macro call.
    Writing your own Can cycle or using the macro call can be quite powerfull, there are a few errors in the manual, however.
    I was working with Acroloop products until they were taken over by Parker, and around that time the support for Acroloop DOS pretty much faded out unfortunately, as I had found a few bugs that were needed to be addressed, which was in the process of making it a really nice program.
    I have not had the opportunity to try the MotionMax, but was impressed with the demo.
    Carl Pavich is still in Acroloop Minn. and I have had limited support there, but it is sporadic to say the least.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.