585,605 active members*
3,251 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Revamping to GibbsCAM from SmartCAM but don't know what post file to use for VF-4?

Revamping to GibbsCAM from SmartCAM but don't know what post file to use for VF-4?

I just started programming for a shop where they have Gibbs and SmartCAM. I like SmartCAM for now for the big G&L HMills, but for the VF Haas VMC I would like to start using Gibbscam. I know I probably have the right post processor file on my programming computer as they purchased all the options we would ever need. I just don't know what the name of the file to search for would be. Or does anyone have a 3 or 4 axis post processor for a 90's Haas VF (4 I think). Or do you know what name I should be searching for? Tried PosteHaste and searching google and forums with little luck.

Try doing a search in the Gibbs directory for file extension *.pst. If that returns nothing, expand your search to more directories, but be aware that Windows recognizes .pst as a Office file extension, so you may get a lot of unrelated results.

As for the post name, generally they follow this format: "Fanuc 18T OH VTM-80 [AG] L3682.18.2" which covers the make (Okuma-Howe), model (VTM-80), control (Fanuc 18T), and type of machine (L=Lathe, M=Mill), as well as company abbreviation in [] brackets and the revision number of your post (3682.18.2). Yours may vary, but it will probably look something like that.

Hope that helps!