585,930 active members*
3,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Hobbycnc (Products) > Help drivers started loosing steps

Help drivers started loosing steps

Hi, a little help is needed. First I've been using the hobby cnc pro board for about a year now. I never signed up for the yahoo group so I'm now waiting. In the mean time I am down. Everything worked done till I built a new machine. When I swapped out the electronics I now get lost or more like jumping motor just on start up or after the motor sets for about 10 secs. I have current reduction tunes off and have tried with it on, same thing. I checked and the voltage on tps does not drop. The only thing that changed was the computer, but I hooked the old one up just to test that theory, same thing. All 3 steppers do it, tried disconnecting steppers. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Oh and this only occurs for 1-2 seconds then works great until it sets a min.

Make sure you do not disconnect the steppers with the power on. That will cause damage. Perhaps you can post a video or some photos of your setup.

I did have a stepper connection popped loose on first test. I am concerned this may be the cause, but with no schematic available, I don't know where to look. I'll post a vid tomorrow.

Here's 2 vids of my problem. If links don't work my user is ytbdej on YouTube

Stepper prob - YouTube

YouTube

The video link doesn't work.

Posted it from my iPhone I just seen it has .m for mobile. Thanks for the reply, I did get my approval for the yahoo group and found an older thread on there with the solution. Low step not selected in motor pin

From the video, it looks to me like it is still dropping into 1/2 current mode. Measuring voltage won't tell you anything since the voltage will be the same regardless of whether it is in full or 1/2 current mode.