585,992 active members*
5,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > G.Weike Laser > Gweike frieght forwards in Sydney, Australia

Gweike frieght forwards in Sydney, Australia

I thinking of purchasing a Gweike laser from wklaser.com which by most accounts of people who own them have had good overall experiences with the machine and after sales support. However, like most am a bit weary of headaches associated with importing via sea freight.

I've contacted a few freight forwarders in Sydney, (Interfreight, Cargomaster, Latitude34), but most are disinterested in answering any of my general inquiries without some specific details of the size, weight, nature, and route of the consignment.

Does anyone know of a freight forwarder in Sydney they have previously used, who can handle everything from customs/port to door to door delivery without gouging a customer because they don't work for a big business?

If so could you please reply with details that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A few of us here in Australia have used Avanti Freight Management to handle the shipping, importation and Customs clearance of GW 1200x900 lasers into mainly Brisbane, but also to Sydney and Melbourne.

Give the guys a call or email. They are SUPER fast to answer emails, even on Saturday evenings in my experience.

About us

What sort of costs did you guys incur with Avanti? I went through Vanguard, and ended up paying close to $2500 for my 6090 from memory, which funnily enough was the cost of the machine and shipping!

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

@ mocky,
    Thank you for your choice of our laser machine ,did you confirm which model, then we can find suitable shipping agent and let you know
    any queations just feel fre to contact me

This is Lucy from G.WEIKE LASER

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mocky View Post
    I thinking of purchasing a Gweike laser from wklaser.com which by most accounts of people who own them have had good overall experiences with the machine and after sales support. However, like most am a bit weary of headaches associated with importing via sea freight.

I've contacted a few freight forwarders in Sydney, (Interfreight, Cargomaster, Latitude34), but most are disinterested in answering any of my general inquiries without some specific details of the size, weight, nature, and route of the consignment.

Does anyone know of a freight forwarder in Sydney they have previously used, who can handle everything from customs/port to door to door delivery without gouging a customer because they don't work for a big business?

If so could you please reply with details that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    What sort of costs did you guys incur with Avanti?
    cheers, Ian
    From memory, it was $1290 for the 1200x900 delivered to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec Weir View Post
    From memory, it was $1290 for the 1200x900 delivered to my door.
    Wow! That's amazingly good Bec!

I've been wanting to get one but was afraid of getting ripped off again. I'll have to think on this some more now.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Hi, Mocky,

Yes, of cause the freight forwarder can't quote you without the details. Which machine are you intereted in? I can give you the size and weight in 2 seconds. HS no. for that: 845610.

We have many shipping companies for Cooperaion. if you are really headache for importing, i can ask the shipping companies to cover all for you. Please feel easy! Importing so simple! I have lots of Australian customers :cheers:

I received my laser from G.Weike 2 days ago here in Ottawa, Canada. I'm obviously not from your end of the planet but I wanted to assure you that G.Weike will do everything to simplify your purchase. Don't worry about the journey across the big pond as the laser and whatever else you are buying comes crated in 1/2 and 3/4 inch plywood. Inside the crates, everything is wrapped in cellophane and padded with large sheets of foam. Every surface on the machine is also lightly misted in protective machine oil. If you want some pics of the crates sitting on my landing I'd be more than happy to provide them. Surprisingly, even after my money was sent, communication with Tina my sales manager has been fast and constant. If forwarders are anything like here in Canada, there will be few problems.

Hope this puts your mind at ease a bit. BTW..the build quality astounded me. It was far better than I anticipated
    Ron

Hi, Ron,

Thank you for your good words. Your satisfaction is our biggest wish.
    G.Weike Laser
    [email protected] [email protected] skype:melody.gweike

Hi Mocky,
    I was wondering about your overall experience with Gweike? We are in Sydney and thinking about buying a large bed one from them. it would be great if you could let us know how is your machine running.

Thank you

You can ask your supplier(in your case G.Weike) to provide you a shipping quote to your door. Suppliers from China usually can find a reliable agent in your country who will organise everything for you. I have not bought any laser from Gweike but I have bought a laser from Taiwan, a flatbed printer and a CNC router from China. In all cases they have been delivered to my door and I have only paid custom fees/duties and GST.

I decided to go with Shenhui laser, because a friend had the same machine and it made more sense to share parts between each other. That said Gweike were very help with my inquiries and they have a good reputation and their pricing is similar. I echo the advice of ozstockman, use an agent to handle all the customs/freight matters.