585,994 active members*
4,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X6 High speed surfacing toolpaths

X6 High speed surfacing toolpaths

Can anyone help me with X6 high speed surface paths? Seems to be quite different than the standard surfacing toolpaths.

I have an issue where the tool wants to roll over the edge of a surface. If I try to select a check surface but some toolpaths don't support check surfaces and others treat check surfaces as drive surfaces.

I could also make a boundary which seems to be the only option but to me is a pain in the butt and not very time efficient. I know in the standard surface toolpaths you could select this option (only between surfaces etc.) just wondering if there an option like this in the high speed surface toolpaths

Thanks in advance

I use a tool containment boundry it is easier. select the model> select the containment boundry.

cut parameters > tool containment > 3 options inside/center/outside.

Containment boundary is the quickest and easiest.. Under create there is silhouette boundary.This is what is used to make a quick 2d boundary of your part.There also is a c-hook called create boundary. I personally like this one better. It has more control(xy offset, z height, etc....)

Also there is "Create boundary" that gives a different option on how to create the boundary based on tool size.

The high speed I use all the time but some time the old paths must be used.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Ok sounds like making a boundary is the only way. Thanks for the help guys!

Just finished loaded and setting up X7...... Looks fun!!

Make sure you get the download for SP1 after you start X7 and do not Migrate over.
    Been using for months like some of the changes.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Make sure you get the download for SP1 after you start X7 and do not Migrate over.
    Been using for months like some of the changes.
    Hmmmm...... when you say do not migrate over you mean all my config, posts and machine definitions? Crap I already did that.

When I was using X6 the guy that got me up and going had added TP Sketcher to it. (very handy) do you know if it's available on X7

Are you talking abot TP the option to crate paths by sketching?

So when you did the install you told it to migrate all the posts and config info over?
    Cadcam

I had to tell it to do the migration. Under the File menu

Yep the TP sketcher is just a free hand tool to make a 2d contour by eye. good for facing off an irregular spot