585,749 active members*
4,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Series 1 limit switches

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures or a link showing the series 1 limit switches installed.

I bought my Series 1 without the switches or control system. I see that the Z switch must install under the cover on the head, but have no clue how the others install.

I have been running it without limit switches for a few months but I almost crashed it hard today. I am sure I can rig something up but it would be nice to see how the factory did it (or how others did it).

Thanks.

pic seris 1

my boss 5

Quote Originally Posted by boss4 View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures or a link showing the series 1 limit switches installed.

I bought my Series 1 without the switches or control system. I see that the Z switch must install under the cover on the head, but have no clue how the others install.

I have been running it without limit switches for a few months but I almost crashed it hard today. I am sure I can rig something up but it would be nice to see how the factory did it (or how others did it).

Thanks.

Your mounting holes for the switches and the "L" tab which trips the switch should be there. I believe Automation Direct limit switches have the same bolt pattern as the original switches.

Quote Originally Posted by polaraligned View Post
    I believe Automation Direct limit switches have the same bolt pattern as the original switches.
    I just bought a limit switch from Automation Direct. It fits just fine, but is NOT the right switch.

Haven't found the right switch yet, but the original switch opens (or closes) at 10 degrees of rotation. The AD switch opens or closes at about 45 degrees of rotation. This allow the table to crash before the switch opens.

The part number on the original switch is LSP3K. That gets you the switch body, but not the actuator arm.

Anyone got a source for the entire unit?

Thanks

Tom

Interesting. I have used the AD switches on my Series 2 BP and was able to get them to work fine.