585,722 active members*
4,231 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help - Mach 3 for Sherline

I'm stumped & need your help! Have a CNC Sherline Mill w/ 8760 controller and planning to use Mach 3, since I already have the license that came with my Taig. Is there anybody that can assist me as to what Ports & Pin Settings are required to get my Mill configured and running. Such as, motor output - input & output signals, etc. to configure it properly. Your assistance would be appreciated! - Thank you for sharing. PS

Was your Taig set up by you or from a seller? Are you familiar with Mach and its settings?
    What is the Sherline running as control software?

On most of my machines (actually all) my X axis uses pins 2 & 3, Y uses 4 & 5, Z uses 6 & 7, A uses 8 & 9. All use port 1.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    Was your Taig set up by you or from a seller? Are you familiar with Mach and its settings?
    What is the Sherline running as control software?

On most of my machines (actually all) my X axis uses pins 2 & 3, Y uses 4 & 5, Z uses 6 & 7, A uses 8 & 9. All use port 1.
    Apologize for my not so fast reply. I'm not sure how I was able to do this but I copied the Sherline Mill XML file to a memory stick that Mach 3 has posted on their site. I then copied it to mach 3 on my sherline PC and I am not able to jog the axis/axes? Pretty new at this. Have a long way to go yet to set and load my first project?? Taig was set up by Kurt Daley when I purchased it from Microproto. A more finer, helpful person you couldn't find. With that said - I have to take the time to understand how to set up and what's required to do my first project on it also. Thank you very much for your input. So far so good! PS

You probably have to rename the file extension.

Do you know how to take a screenshot?

Was Mach ever running on this combo or was there some different software?

Upon reading again, you had Mach working and somehow lost, corrupted or renamed your XML file and now it doesn't work?

Or are you trying to convert to Mach 3 from a different software?

Smile

Upon reading again, you had Mach working and somehow lost, corrupted or renamed your XML file and now it doesn't work?

Or are you trying to convert to Mach 3 from a different software?
    The following correction was added - I then copied it to mach 3 on my sherline PC and I am NOW able to jog the axis/axes? Thank you for bringing this to my attention. PS

Was it just the renaming of the extension?

Was it just the renaming of the extension?
    Andy directed me to this link - You will find the Mach3 Sherline configuration files here:
    ftp://machsupport.com/XMLs/ . Machsupport has a list of xml listed. It has one for sherline mill and it shows up as already named sherline mill file after copying it to mach 3. Sherline mill is one of the selections. When that is opened the file has all been configured to run the Sherline mill when copied to mach 3 on the PC. Pretty slick & it even worked for me. All kidding aside it is Very nicely done by machsupport. It took me a while to figure out just what had to be done. You're probably already familiar with the link. It has a multitude of xmls. Hope this helps clear up what I posted? PS