585,781 active members*
4,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > M10/M11 Pallet command implementation

M10/M11 Pallet command implementation

Hi,
    Did some searching on the forum concerning this but didn't find anything.
    Question, has anyone or does anyone know if it is possible to implement the M-Codes, M10/M11, Pallet clamp on/off, on the Tormach first and second using Sprutcam?

One thing I am wondering is whether Mach 3, as implemented for the Tormach itself, supports M10/M11. Maybe not. Reading the web that may be iffy.

A few thoughts:

1. I believe all outputs are already used on the Tormach (Coolant pump, spindle etc).

2. If you are willing to add external board (I use ModIO, which is serial interface), you can add a bunch more outputs and inputs. Once you have the outputs mapped you can define M10 and M11 to do whatever you want, so pallet clamp on / off is certainly an option. I have M103 defined as High Speed Spindle ON, for example.

3. I have not used Sprutcam, but usually the CAM programs have user defined commands you can put in, so I would imagine it can be done.

I can post sample code if you want to go the ModIO route.

Regards,

Geo

I learned this morning that Tormach will soon be releasing a new product that will have additional outputs. They sound like they will be relays. They thought in the next month or so. They will be controlled by MCode is my understanding. From the email:

We have a such a device that we have been beta testing for several months. It is a USB contactor box that lets you control 6 amp relays with a different Mcode command – a little more sophisticated than 33043. I think we will have them to sell in about a month or so; I understand that the PO was sent to the PCB manufacturer in late april.