585,712 active members*
4,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 25 12311

X61500GT - New CNC-Carving Router

Any thoughts on this new model? I kind of wished I would have waited a couple more weeks and got this one. Seems it would fit the bill better for everything. Comments?

CNC X6-1500GT ROUTER ENGRAVER DRILLING AND MILLING MACHINE - carving-cnc.com

Actually looks pretty decent... Wonder what the price shipped is.

Sent from tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
    Actually looks pretty decent... Wonder what the price shipped is.
    If you add it to your cart you can get a shipping estimate.

Ordered mine today, I will give you more impressions when it is delivered.

Machine arrived yesterday. Haven't had the time to test it, but could assemble it.
    First impressions:
    - solid build, seems to be the same mechanics as the 6040
    - USB interface has a lot of unconnected IOs - good!
    - cables for the stepper and the spindle are still unshielded :-(
    - "gift" pump is a cheap immersion pump, but I think it will do the job

More impressions and pictures following...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    http://www.crazy-audio.com

The "previous" unit - the 6040Z-S80 has proved to be a pretty solid bit of gear, so the upgrades they've added to this unit should just make it even better (I'd certainly have bought this if it'd been available when I got my 6040Z-S80).

The only gnarly bit is the coolant pump - I replaced the supplied 24v diaphragm pump on mine for a 24v submersible pond pump for noise reasons, but with this version, I can see that they didn't have much choice but to supply a mains pump. The VSD has relay outputs that you can program to activate when the spindle starts up - it wouldn't be hard to wire one of them to a mains-rated relay to activate the supplied pump automatically.

First test done. Electronics works smoothly. The power supply provides 40V.
    I was able to do positioning with 6000mm/min without loosing steps.

Spindle control from Mach3 is also working out-of-the-box.

That USB card looks awesome with all that spare I/O - plenty of scope to add homing and/or limit switches down the track.

Is it delivered with a license for Mach3 software or is it "only" a trial version?
    A person from Denmark, who is ongoing to built a homemade and homedesigned CNC Router.
    Looking here for inspirations and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye67 View Post
    Is it delivered with a license for Mach3 software or is it "only" a trial version?
    My 6040 from the same crowd came with a cracked version of Mach3 - I expect that hasn't changed. In one respect, it's handy in order to get up and going straight away, but I, like many I suspect, purchased a licence shortly afterwards. You do still want to use their supplied custom screen for the tool height setting, and whatever else they've added.

Same here. Have to check if LinuxCNC supports the USB controller.

I may have the first piece, some scratches though :-(. Too late to report as the unit came just before my short holiday, and after that I was having some problem to get the spindle to spin. My bad, first time playing with Mach 3 and CNC stuff. I was testing with my EEPC, and the screen could not show the mach3 display totally. And there was a "red" button blinking below the input line that could not be shown on the eepc.

There was a download link for cracked Mach3 that Lance sent. It is useful for a quick test for people like me, as I would not know what software to eventually use. Mach3 shall benefit after I have mastered enough.

The VFD is D100S1R5B, 1 phase 220V, Shenzhen Nowforever Electronics Technology. I am trying to backup parameters for future, just in case. Lance did not want to give the parameter setting.

The water pump given is quiet to me.

The declaration was not done well, the item was stuck at the custom.

If it's still the same Nowforever VFD, then this is the manual:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/shopma...tml#post889246

The main changes I've made are to reduce the start-up and stop times for the spindle, and I use the relay to start and stop my water pump.

Some more experiences:
    - Pump is working well and is very quiet (compared to the fan in the controller box)
    - when milling MDF, feed rates up to 3500mm/min work well, with 4800mm/min the machine might loose some steps
    - positioning with 4800mm/min work well

I'm very happy with the machine.

Next step will be adding end switches.

Thanks for the feedback Usul

Does anyone know if they are usually quick to send orders? I ordered (and paid for) a X6-1500 machine over a week ago and have not heard anything from them since. I e-mailed them this weekend and still not a sound.

I don't think they send out immediately, probably about 7-10 days after the payment. Upon shipping, you get a notice with tracking number. It maybe helpful if you can advise them what to put on their declaration to avoid custom problem, and if you hate to argue over the advancement VAT or GST fee that Fedex/DHL charge. They did not declare as "farm" tools for my case. I declared as DIY cutting machine for hobbyist.

Great customs advice. Too bad (kind of) that Carving-CNC shipped my order the same second I posted here.

FedEx will deliver this Friday. I just do not understand how they can be that quick.

Page 1 of 25 12311