585,762 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 19 of 25 91718192021

Re: X61500GT - New CNC-Carving Router

Quote Originally Posted by klaas123 View Post
    Ever seen a smiley before? I know how our 220v power system works, not how yours works though
    Then why did you bother to Post something that does not apply to what has happened here, the only difference between you power system & ours is 50Hz & 60Hz
    Mactec54

Here is a very good Video of how to wire a VFD, this VFD is not of the same brand, in this case L1=( R ) Hot

There is very little difference between any VFD Drives & how they should be wired, so this applies to any VFD input Power wiring

IE: How To Wire Line Voltage To A Variable Frequency Drive - YouTube
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Stop pretending you know what you are talking about, Giving out information like this is not correct, R has to be wired Hot, S is wired Neutral, any other way will result in a tripped Breaker or damaged Vfd Drive
    Well admittedly, what I know about VFDs didn't come from Youtube videos starring some teenager.

Then why did you bother to Post something that does not apply to what has happened here, the only difference between you power system & ours is 50Hz & 60Hz
    Well, no, there is more of a difference than frequency, and looking at that video of yours, the kid shows the wiring options for the drives he flogs, and I noticed they have an "N" connection, which seemed a bit odd. But it makes sense for the US as they have an odd electricity system. Australian domestic power is based around 3 phases 120 degrees apart with 400V between phases and 230V between phase and neutral. Domestic wall sockets are 230V with 3 phase only being used for big aircons and high-power machinery in workshops etc.

The US has a "split phase" topology with 2 phases 180 degrees apart, 240V between these phases and 120V between phase and neutral. While most domestic wall sockets are 120V they also have special sockets that have 240V for clothes dryers and other high-power domestic devices - these sockets have no neutral, only the two "hot" phase wires. If you were to wire up a 240V single phase VFD to one of these sockets there would be no neutral to connect.

Hope that helps.

If the frequency is the only difference then what is the problem?

in aus they have the same as NZ 240 single phase 400 3 phase what have earth, neutral and hot/power.

On my vsd it has hot and neutral running from relay to vfd to spindle with a shield running from relay to vfd to spindle the shield acts as common and it was done by an electrician. so its not wrong it was done two years ago. it had to be done by an electrician for the warranty.

so getting an electrician in to wire it in is the correct thing to do as you get a workmanship warranty what's the law in NZ and Aus

so just get an electrician to do it
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RussellK

As for your above post,366 we were talking about the Netherlands, which is a totally different system to you power system, so you are just shooting the breeze again

The Video of ( the Kid a qualified Engineer ) was only to show that the Hot wire is always wired to the L1 or the ( R ) in the case of the Now Forever VFD, He also explains about that different countries that have 230V with ( 1 ) Hot wire Neutral & Ground

Did the Video mention a Line Filter Shielded Cable Line Reactors/ Chokes Etc, No this was Just to show a Basic wiring of a VFD, & the correct way the Mains Wires should be connected

There are many VFD Drives that have the ( N ) Neutral Terminal,Marked as such, it is quite often marked as L3/N, there is nothing unusual about it, I repair VFD in my spare time for people that in most cases wire them incorrectly or set the Parameters incorrectly

I'm well aware of your power system & know it most likely better than you do, I lived in NZ & Australia for 40 Years Born there I Guess

None of this changes the fact that you said the Neutral wire could be wired to the R Terminal Which is the Hot wire Terminal Only
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    in aus they have the same as NZ 240 single phase 400 3 phase what have earth, neutral and hot/power.

On my vsd it has hot and neutral running from relay to vfd to spindle with a shield running from relay to vfd to spindle the shield acts as common and it was done by an electrician. so its not wrong it was done two years ago. it had to be done by an electrician for the warranty.

so getting an electrician in to wire it in is the correct thing to do as you get a workmanship warranty what's the law in NZ and Aus

so just get an electrician to do it
    As R and S change constantly here I see no use in getting an electrician. No problems here...

Quote Originally Posted by klaas123 View Post
    As R and S change constantly here I see no use in getting an electrician. No problems here...
    What you given up on the smiley face
    Mactec54

My my, it seems everyone's had a busy night (chair)

When I said I didn't want to hijack the thread and turn it into a nowforever VFD diagnosis discussion I didn't imagine it would be hijacked by an argument!

Come on gentlemen, none of this is really relevant in troubleshooting the X6-1500GT - USB (the thread title), nor does it divulge on any of the particular qualities of said model. For the sake of harmony can we please get back onto topic? Not that this information is useless, but perhaps it belongs on a different thread...

DWARP

It all should be here, moving it somewhere else it will be lost, if you had of read my first post, & supplied how you had wired the drive, it would of taken only 3 posts at most, this is all about these machines, so needs to be in one place, there are a lot of posters that Talk the Talk, but really at the end of the day they only have been giving incorrect information
    Mactec54

country pacific info needs to be given not what they do here or there other wise its just wrong.

and if in dealt just get a electrician to wire it SAFETY FIRST

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daniellyall View Post
    country pacific info needs to be given not what they do here or there other wise its just wrong.

and if in dealt just get a electrician to wire it SAFETY FIRST
    No not country pacific at all, most wiring is the same in any country, & have the same standards, the 120v ac domestic in the US is wired the same as your domestic 230v ac, with ( 1 ) Hot Neutral & Ground

But as you said if you don't know what you are doing you need an Electrician that also has experience in Industrial wiring, not all Electricians have or know how to wire automation systems
    Mactec54

hot/power means or

barely any country has the same rules most western do have similar rules.

but someone asking a question about how something is wired you need to be bang on other wise someone will destroy what ever they are connecting up or hurt there self

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RussellK
    As for your above post,366 we were talking about the Netherlands, which is a totally different system to you power system, so you are just shooting the breeze again
    A bit of an odd statement. The Netherlands' power system (at least the LV distribution) is much more similar to Australia's than to the US's. If you read my post carefully, I explained the difference, and where I said "Australia" you could substitute "The Netherlands".

In that vein, when you wire a 240V single phase VFD, how do you do the connections?

I repair VFD in my spare time for people that in most cases wire them incorrectly or set the Parameters incorrectly
    OK, seeing as you've repaired drives, and thus must have a component level understanding, in what exact manner does transposing active and neutral cause the drive to fail?

And while you're in the mood for schooling us, in an earlier post you claimed that running a spindle at 50Hz would damage it. In what exact manner would this damage occur?

I have to agree with RussellK my VSD yes it a VSD can go up 60Hz its a very expensive one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello all.I am new to the world of CNC routers. I purchased the Carving-CNC X6-1500 Gt USB model. It was delivered very quickly from China. The instructions were a bit flaky but I managed with some help and it has been working flawlessly. The only thing odd is every once in awhile when using the automatic Z height setting with the probe they included it will continue to drive down after touching the top of probe. I always check to see that the indicator light comes on when touching probe to cutter mounted in collet. Now I always check it first by lifting probe up as Z begins descending just to make sure it stops when I touch it off. It happens very infrequently but once is enough when you trash an expensive end mill.

Other then that oddity it has been a good tool so far. Now, I have encountered a new problem and hope others here might no the answer. I recently setup the 4th axis. Yes the holding power is very weak but the soft material I am working with does not make this fact a problem. The problem I am having is after installing 4th axis and verify settings under motor tuning of "A" axis, the rotational movement of 4th Axis does sync up correctly. When I enter Gcode command to rotate 180 degrees, it turns but not exactly 180 degreees. It is close but off by small amount and the movement numbers in Mach3 for A Axis does not say 180 degrees, more like 179.95 or somewhere in that range, so it's close, but not close enough. I used the settings the manufacturer gives for steps , 13.33 IIRC, and also a number someone else on forums said to try like 16 point something (don't recall exact number) but that didn't work either.
    Has anyone figured out how to make the 4th axis for this thing move accurately so that when Gcode says to turn 180 degrees it actually turns 180 degreees? All the other XYZ axis are working perfectly on this machine very accurate, repeatable. If I could get the 4th axis to do so it would be great.

Thanks , Rod

the z high probeing crash is a common problem have the machine home poistion more than 25 mm / 1 inch above the work pieces it should stop the problem.

for the a axis you just need to calibrate it its in the M3 instruction manual how to do it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just placed my order for an X6-1500 USB model from carving-cnc. Hoping it arrives asap, rather than getting caught up in the Christmas rush, but the new 3D printer will keep me busy in the mean time.

Shipping notice received. Its current location is KL, Malaysia - go figure. :wee:

Page 19 of 25 91718192021